Should he have jabs with a cold?

Amanda

Reaction score
Charlie has his first jabs on Friday morning, but as today has progressed, he has come down with a stinking cold. :( He's sneezing, and is very wheezy with a horrible mucusy (sp?) cough. :(

I don't want to delay the jabs in case he gets any infections, but I also don't want to let him have the jabs if they are going to make him feverish on top of the cold. Or do they even allow him to have them if he is unwell?

What should I do????

As far as i can remember, If baby is unwell they won't give the jabs as it can cause a reaction of some kind
Thats what i was told about Emilys, I'd ring them and see what they suggest, might of all changed now
Everything else has lol

if your docs is not to much of a fuss to go to, i would just go and tell nurse about his cold etc and ask her if he should have them.

Ellis was unwell before his first jabs but nurse check his temp and said he would be fine xxxxx

Stanley had his today :(

We saw a doctor first who declared him 'fit as a flea' and only then did the HV administer TWO (yup that's TWO) needles into my poor little guy.

And they weighed him, he's 13lb 2oz! :shock:

Thanks girls. :hug:

I thought that would be the case Jo, but I do only live down the road from the docs, so I think I'll do what Keely has suggested. You never know, hw might actually be okay by Friday. The poor guy's really suffering though. It's normally playtime between 6pm and 9pm, but he's been aseep in his rocker chair since 6.15pm. It's knocked him for six. :(

Minxy - that's a great weight. I hope they do weigh Charlie as he's not been weighed since 5 wks 6 dys and he was already 10lb 10oz then! and everytime my Mum sees him, all she can comment on is his fat face!!! :rotfl:

Keely said:
if your docs is not to much of a fuss to go to, i would just go and tell nurse about his cold etc and ask her if he should have them.

yes i would too definetley do as keeley says, i recieved Louies 1st jab date through today :( & it actually says on the back 'if you feel the child is unwell , still come & the nurse will decide wether to give the jabs or not'.

i'm dreading Louies :( his is on mon 13 th nov :( :(

by the way, Louie was weighed today & is 11 lb 4 oz!!!!

let us know what happens on friday, good luck :hug:

I personally wouldnt risk giving him the jabs if he is poorly, like Jo said the docs wont give it unless they are 100% well.
If they are unwell then their immune system will be down a little and when they give the vaccine they are injecting part of the virus, so if their immune system is already down this can make them more poorly !!! ok does that make any sence?!!!!

Jamie has his mmr tomorrow, ive already cancelled it once though as he had a cold so they wouldnt do it! :)

That does make sense Steph, thanks. He does seem a bit better today already though. He's not so snotty and hasn't sneezed yet. He's still got the cough though, so I'll see how he is tomorrow.

Olivia had a cold at her last injections, i was really hopinng we would get out of it lol but the nurse said that she was fine to have it as ling as she wasn't off her food or poorly with it!

Olivia was fine

Just to let you know that Charlie has had his jabs. :cry:

She took his temperature first and said he was fine for them. :cry: Evil cow. :rotfl:

Seriously, she's actually a lovely nurse, but now this new immunisation is out, it's 2 needles, one in each leg. Even though she was lovely, I still wanted to punch her, especially when Charlie had just calmed down, and we had to turn him round so she could stick the other leg. :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Its horrible isnt it?

Olivia has her last set on tuesday and im dreading it as this time she has to have 3 :shock: One in each leg and one in her skinny little arm :( !

Glad Charlie was ok to have his tho!

Hi

Aww gla dhe got them done, its no fun though is it, i always get Bernie ot hold her i just cant do it. :? How is he feeling today?
Katrina

Much better now thanks hun. :hug:

He was really clingy all day Friday and all I did was sit and watch TV with him on my knee. I was soooo bored when DH got home from work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back