Shopping tomorrow...please help!!

Nicola

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Ok expecting my first, a boy, I am off shopping tomorrow and wanted an honest opinion of what clothes and sizes we should be thinking about.

So far we have gathered:

Newborn:
9x vests
7x babygrows
3x t-shirt things

0-3 Months:
1 vest

3-6 Months:
1x t-shirt
2x babygrows
1x white cardigan

How many more 'newborn' sleepsuits/vests do we need (if any)? Given it's an August delivery and likely to be hot i.e. no snowsuits and boots needed type thing. Also is 0-3 sizes really something to stock up on or do babies tend to go from newborn into 3-6 months? How long are they in newborn? (I know that depends on weight at birth but roughly?).

Thanks for replies etc....going shopping tomorrow and should have thought to post this before now!!

Nicola xx

i would mainley buy 0-3 months or bigger, as your going to probley get loads of newborn stuff from family and friends when the babys born anyway

Hiya, my girl was 9lb at birth and I found she was in newborn for about 4 weeks. She is 14 weeks on Sunday and just about out of 0-3 month size. They def dont jump from newborn to 3-6 months gear, a lot of it still looks too big for my baba and she is a good 13 and half lbs. That said you will probably find you get a stack of clothes in 0-3 as pressies so my advice would be stock up on newborn then wait and see what you get in the next size up. As for amounts, the more the better, they have a tendency to leak from all ends at the beginning. lol.

i have quite a good mix you can never have to many vests and sleep suits as baba will probably be in them most of the time to start with anyway.

you can never have to much thats what i say.

becky xx

I wouldn't get too much newborn, if you have a big baby he won't be in it for long :hug:

kirlykird said:
I wouldn't get too much newborn, if you have a big baby he won't be in it for long :hug:

Thats what ive been told by loads of people so ive mainly brought 0 - 3 months and weve told family members if they want to buy clothes then buy 3 - 6 or 6 - 9 months .

Hi

Kiara was 9 pounds 6 ounces and wasnt in newborns for long probably about two weeks or so then she was in 0-3 so this time i wont get many newborn , I would get more 0-3 and 3-6months . They grow really fast and you may think buying ahead seems early but it went way too quick for me

Katrina

Thanks ladies....off to the shops in a second, I think I'm going to stock up on the 0-3 things!! :cheer:

that's best.

I have some newborn things but not many, my friends baby is now 9 weeks and although he's not super heavy he's very long so nearly in 3-6 months.

I get bit baffled by all the sizes available these days. Even the newborn comes in 2 or 3 sizes depending on the weight. I have bought a few things in the 0-3 month category and only one thing so far in the newborn (7lb) bracket.

When I had my son he was only 5lbs and even the newborn stuff was way too big. I'm pleased to see nowadays it's possible to buy newborn (prem) clothes so at least if I have another little one it'll be ok. (Not that I'll buy anything that small to start with).

Good luck with your shopping trip. Don't forget to come back and give us the low down on what you've bought later! :D

Sabrina

Im a bit late on this but agree with what other have said really, think you prob have enough newborn stuff, stock up on 0-3. if the baby is prem or alot smaller im sure someone will grab you a few babygrows to keep you going.
In my opion you can never have enough vests ! alothough in summer they wont need a vest and a grow.
oh, and dont forget the good old muslin squares!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back