Shopping list help please :-)

Kayelle

Reaction score
Hi mummies, was hoping for some advice please :)
I know I am still early on but now want to start thinking about what I will need.
What did you find were the essentials, and how much clothing items is sensible to buy before the birth, I mean babi will grow quick I'm guessing! What are the things that are nice, but not essential, like Moses basket?
Hoping then I can come up with an essentials shopping list where I can check things off over the next few months, thank you!

I find big muslin squares very useful! I put them on top of my changing mat, so that it's less cold to the touch (lo doesn't like being put naked onto cold plastic), and they help to soak up wee. Just changing mat is not really enough for that!

Xx

It's good to stock up on nappies wipes and milk (if using) and frozen meals (I had family make a load for us) so we didn't have to go out for the early days!

A bouncer/ chair for baby is good to have as some like to be sitting up a bit!

Def stock up on nappies and wipes, your need them for the next 2 years! Clothes wise I brought clothes for up to 6months so I was well stocked! Vests and sleepsuits was a must for me. I didn't buy to many newborn clothes and my 2nd wasn't in them for long.

A baby gym, you be surprised how quickly they want something to look at/play with! I had a load of extra vests and baby grows given to me and I've really needed them, one night we changed his clothes 4 times! They do grow super quick though but you need the extra clothes as it's hard to keep up with washing and drying (well if your a bit lazy like me!). Get a mixture of newborn and 0-3 sizes as you won't know how big the baby will be. I wouldn't overdo the nappys as you might not like some brands so just get a couple of packs to see you through the first few days and decide which ones work for your baby best.

Brilliant, great advice :)

Also what about big things? Obv car seat

I got a crib instead of Moses basket to last a bit longer, he sleeps in his pram downstairs during the day though. We have a little chair thing, wanted a swing but they take up loads of room so depends on your house size. Kynon doesn't have a room yet so he has no 'baby' furniture so it's not a necessity straight away you could leave these things till later, is nice to have a nursery though! We do have a baby bath but he's almost too big for it already! I'm guessing you will need a pram unless your planning to use a sling all the time?

I don't know how big a swing is, but think we would have room, think I want bouncy thing :) see I think I want to carry most of the time, as I will be with him/her all the time for a long time I don't want to rush into a pram, but then I think what if when grannies wanna take babi , cos grannies will want to go to village to show off granchild, they will need a buggy

Maybe get a second hand pram to start with just so you have one then you havent spent loads. I thought I would carry my LO but changed my mind really quickly when he was about 2 weeks old as I nearly slipped out on a wet cold night made me a bit paranoid, esp now with cold weather so I'm using pram all the time. Oh another thing you need a sterilizer even if your bf for pump and dummies etc

Honestly, I would say a pram is an essential, I had a c-section and there was no way I could have carried Lo everywhere, it hurt just picking him up and he was a little boy! Obviously not saying your going to have a section though!
XxX

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

Wasn't there a list somewhere ages ago? I remember finding it useful, I'll get the link :)

I use our pram all the time! It comes with a separate stand, so lo also sleeps in it in the living room during the day (I like having him nearby).

We have a nice warm suit for the little one, and he always wears it when we go out, and sleeps in it so happily! He looks like a little bear in it :)

One thing I didn't find useful yet - breast pump. I just express milk with hands if I need to... Waste of money! And never needed breast pads either! xx

Seems having a pram is a good idea, ill see what I can find second hand cheap , thank you :)
Also thanxs for advice on stereliser, I didn't think I would need it without bottles!

Bibs lots and lots of bibs haha and when you're packing your hospital take loads of muslins and bibs.
Emily loved her bouncy chair but hated the swing but every babies different. If you have a bath, I'd advise not to get a baby bath and get one of the reclining seats you put in the bath.
I'm sure I'll remember more but that link is great :)

I'm new here, lots of great advice! I have a question aboutclothes. This is my first baby (a little boy), due at the end of April, and I'mreally not sure what to get him! I bought a few bits already and we've been given some things. So far we have 10 sleepsuits and 4 vests, all aged 0-3 months. I've seen loads of bargains on eBay but do newborns actually need all those tshirts, jeans etc or will he be happy in the sleepsuits to start? They have built in socks so will he need socks too? And do they wear vests under the sleepsuits? Finally, is 0-3 month size ok or do I need the newborn size too? I'm more than happy to buy him things but don't want to waste money if he's going to grow out of them quickly. I also have a feeling we may get given some more things when he is born! So, what did other new mums find, did you end up with too many clothes or not enough? Should I avoid those tempting bargains on eBay? Thanks for any advice!

I'm new here, lots of great advice! I have a question aboutclothes. This is my first baby (a little boy), due at the end of April, and I'mreally not sure what to get him! I bought a few bits already and we've been given some things. So far we have 10 sleepsuits and 4 vests, all aged 0-3 months. I've seen loads of bargains on eBay but do newborns actually need all those tshirts, jeans etc or will he be happy in the sleepsuits to start? They have built in socks so will he need socks too? And do they wear vests under the sleepsuits? Finally, is 0-3 month size ok or do I need the newborn size too? I'm more than happy to buy him things but don't want to waste money if he's going to grow out of them quickly. I also have a feeling we may get given some more things when he is born! So, what did other new mums find, did you end up with too many clothes or not enough? Should I avoid those tempting bargains on eBay? Thanks for any advice!

Id say get some newborn too. My LO was 10lb 4 1/2oz and the 0-3 still swamped him at 3 weeks! Even now at 9 weeks he's mostly in sleepsuits. He HATES wearing jeans! I ended up with too many long sleeved vests! Got about 15 and he's worn about 3! We got socks for over his sleepsuit on extra cold days! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back