shopping disaster...

youngmumtobe20

Reaction score
well i thought i'd go shopping last night and treat myself cos i've been feeling down and like crap lol was gona get a jacket some tops and some boots, well i tried on the boots i wanted umm and ahhhed and decided not to get them after spending 20 mins looking at them lol, then i tried on some jumper dresses with leggings and my legs looked like tree trunks...didnt get them, so next i went to find a jacket, wanted a couple of sizes bigger to l;ast me thru winter as the type i like arent cheap, tried a few on picked oine that was ok, ended up buying a pair of booty slippers (whioch io love best buy of the trip lol) took the jacket home, asked OH about said it looks stupid so am taking it back 2moz.

and to make things worse i picked the time of the day where all the gorgeous slim girls were shopping and i felt lilke a fat trog anyway

going in again 2moro at 9am so its not busy and hopefully i'll find something i like lol

:hug: I refuse to believe you look like a fat trog :rotfl: even if you feel like one!!

And give your OH a good flamin kicking for saying that, silly man. You obviously look fine or you wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

:hug: :hug:

It is really difficult to train yourself to think "Im not fat Im pregnant". I was having a moan to my mum about feeling huge and about how i look different to all my mates and she said that I was bound to look different cos im pregnant and they are not! Sounds really obvious but it really helped me and now Im just trying to enjoy my bump and tend to stick to maternity clothes as I find that they are far more flattering than buying normal clothes in bigger sizes. I feel really lovely in my maternity stuff, where as I tend to feel huge in normal stuff Ive bought a few sizes bigger. Maybe thats just me but I think the cut of the maternity stuff helps accentuate my bump whereas the non-mat stuff can just make me look big as opposed to pregnant. Plus psycologically, I can still buy mat clothes in my pre preggers size so dont feel so huge, where as Im buying size 16s in normal stuff which makes me feel big too.
I also tend to do my clothes shopping on line so im not tempted to compare myself to the skinny minnies in dressing room next to me and enjoy trying on clothes in the comfort of my own home. It helps not to distort what you see and appreciate your bump when your not stood to girls moaning that their bum looks big in the size 8 skinny jeans they are trying on!!!!

ive been getting jeans etc in maternity stuff, cos like u say they are more flattering, i can still buy my normal size, and cos they're so much more comfortable, but i cant find any maternity jackets! the ones they do have split down by ur bump and i'd be freezing cos ther wind wud go up it, plus the maternity jackets tend to make me feel more huge than i already am cos they flare out and are soooo unflattering on my body shape anyways. well im going in again 2moz so will hopefully find one i love and not worry aboiut wot OH says anyway cos i like it myself lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back