• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

She's not here

lumie

Reaction score
Girls - I'm new here - I've just found this forum because I was looking for some advice and would appreciate any bit of help.

So here's the ''problem''

I'm getting married in 9 weeks and want to get pregnant asap afterwards so I've begun writing down my period since October and watching CM a bit (although I find it kind of hard to work it out exactly). I've had a 27, 29, 30, 29 and 28 day cycle. This month on day 27 we didn't use any contraception as I thought it was so close that it wouldn't be a problem. However I'm on day 34 now and no period. I did a test this morning and it was negative.

I'm really not stressed at the moment and haven't been sick this month or on any medication. I'm off the pill almost 4 years so that shouldn't be an issue either.

If I am pregnant it's not really an issue... (other than hiding not drinking at my hen party) But if I'm not then I'm concerned about why my cycle is so long this month and if that will be a problem after the wedding when all caution will be thrown to the wind and I'll be jumping on H2B all the time.

I'll leave it a few days and obviously test again... I know stressing about it won't help and I'm not really to be honest... That said any advice would be really really appreciated for this naive 'non' ttc'er (I'll be a proper ttc'er soon).

Hello Hon,

If you are experiencing stress of heightened excitment, your body can delay ovulation. This is usually the case for a late period. Given what you are up to at the minute you are probably experiencing this. I got married last year and had awhopping 36 day cycle which for me is unusual. It is unlikely there is suddenly something wrong with you or that you fell pregnant that late in your cycle, so I would, relax, enjoy this exciting time and see if she is here in a few days time.

Becs xx

i think becs is right its probably the excitement of your wedding! if af hasn't shown up in a couple of days test again!

good luck honey!!

Thanks for the advice. Feeling a little stupid as I was quite confident that day 27 was too late to conceive so no protection needed and now I think we'll go back to using condoms until after the wedding - if I'm this unpredictable it's probably for the best! I'll test again in a few days if AF doesn't show her face but who knows what's going on with my body!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back