Shall I tell or not??? :(

pinoyadobo

Reaction score
HI all

Im in a little bit of a dilema, I work for a local council and my 6 month contract has expired, they have given me 4 weeks to look for a job within the council, but I havent told them that Im pregnant.

I still want to carry on to work but what do I do when I see a job that suits me? Do I tell them on the interview that Im expecting or do I tell them after I get the job? I dont want to lie but I dont know that maybe being pregnant will prevent them from giving me the job :( I hope not.

HELP!!!!

i applied for a new job before i got pregnant, but by the time i was offered an interview had just found out that i was pregnant.

I told them at the end of the interview, as i didn't want them to feel that i had been dishonest with them.

they're not allowed to not offer you a job if you tell them as that would be sexual discrimination.

oh - and i did get the job, and was such a relief that they already knew when i started and that i didn't have it hanging over me.

delmesgirl said:
i applied for a new job before i got pregnant, but by the time i was offered an interview had just found out that i was pregnant.

I told them at the end of the interview, as i didn't want them to feel that i had been dishonest with them.

oh - and i did get the job, and was such a relief that they already knew when i started and that i didn't have it hanging over me.

Thanks for your input :) the right thing to do is to tell them, but understandably Im scared just incase they say no. But I think that I will DO tell them when I do find a job that I like. like you said it wont be hanging over me... and its better to be honest. Thanks

I think if I were you I wouldn't tell them till I got the job offer. :)

Sabrina

there is no need top feel guilty. it is your choice whether or not to tell them. the sad fact is that most employers would not offer the job to a pregnant woman. of course- that is not the reason that they will give you!

my advise would be not to tell them.

lisa xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back