Shall I keep trying? (weaning)

Keely

Reaction score
Hi

Tried Ellis with some baby rice yesterday and he didnt like it, he spat it all out....... so today i tried baby rice and fruit thing mixed together..... he only swallowed about 2 tiny spoons.

Does this happen with all babies or is he not ready?

Keely xxxx

If he doesn't seem that bothered i would leave it a week or so and try again
Though 2 spoons sounds about right for a start

Try making baby rice really runny, if he is still not fussed i would leave it :D

i started Jacob earier than the recommended 4 months. He was really interested in us eating. I started by making up a teaspoon of baby rice with his milk - to a yogurt consistency! He took to it right away but then had off days when he didn't want it. I just never forced him... i'd let decide if he wanted it or not. Try some sweet potato or carrot.... the baby rice is a little bland so maybe he doesn't like the taste. I also give jacob creamed oats which he loves and egg custard! I've only given him fruit once and he pulled a face! might be a bit too bitter rather than sweet.

x

Jamie had baby rice for a couple of weeks then I gave him a rusk & that was it he wouldn't touch the baby rice again, can't balme him , its revolting!
I would wait a few days then try him again.

thanks for your replies girls, the only reason i am trying now too is the last two nights he has been waking more in the night. :bored:

Probally bad but I dipped my finger in baked bean juice a few days ago and he was licking it??!!

xxxxx

I never found the rice that much of a hit. A hit with Joe is the Heinz Banana breakfast and the oaty porridge. It sounds like he might not be just ready, maybe a few more weeks.

I'd leave him another couple of weeks as the others have suggested. You don't want to wean him if he's not ready.

I started Isaac on baby rice and he took to it OK. I gave him that for a couple of weeks before giving him pureed veg and now he's on pureed fruit for mid morning and veg at lunch time.

I'm taking things slowly with him but I have to say he loves his food. Time for some new veggies me thinks :D

He took some carrott yesterday :dance: he was still pulling faces haha but he swallowed it, he doesnt seem to be suffering with a belly ache etc so i think he is ok but just fussy

xxxxx

They only take a little amount to start with so he sounds like he is doing brill :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back