Shall I introduce a dummy at 4 months?

Spuggy

Reaction score
My boy is a bad sleeper day and night so from the beginning I tried to get him to like a dummy. Only occasionally did he take it and when it fell out he woke up so I didn't bother with it anymore.

He is constantly wanting to suck things and dribbles. Sucking the end of his bottle can help him sleep.

During the day he sucks his index fingers until they are raw.

Should I bring in a dummy now or will it be more of a hinderance then a help?

Amy had a dummy frOm birth she weaned herself off it the only thing is now shell go to sleep with a bottle of milk and when it's empty shell suck the teat on it she's done this since she was 7 months she's always slept thru the night too, could he not be teething if he sucking is fingers you shud try him with them teething rings that you put in the fridge or freezer but u could try him with a dummy see if it works for him it's hard to say what's best for him if he settles better with it during they day then I say yes it sound the way to describe it that he's teething his gums are getting ready for the teeth to cut thru but it's up to you

Amy had a dummy frOm birth she weaned herself off it the only thing is now shell go to sleep with a bottle of milk and when it's empty shell suck the teat on it she's done this since she was 7 months she's always slept thru the night too, could he not be teething if he sucking is fingers you shud try him with them teething rings that you put in the fridge or freezer but u could try him with a dummy see if it works for him it's hard to say what's best for him if he settles better with it during they day then I say yes it sound the way to describe it that he's teething his gums are getting ready for the teeth to cut thru but it's up to you

hey im not sure but if hes leaving his fingers raw then u might need to try something, when he was first tried with dummies did u try different shaped dummies? my SIL has only just tried her 9 week old with new dummies and hes took to them immediately and wouldnt take to a few others and hes settled right away... i mean dummies are entirely personal choice sooo if you dont mind lo having one for a few months then try different brands xxx

hey im not sure but if hes leaving his fingers raw then u might need to try something, when he was first tried with dummies did u try different shaped dummies? my SIL has only just tried her 9 week old with new dummies and hes took to them immediately and wouldnt take to a few others and hes settled right away... i mean dummies are entirely personal choice sooo if you dont mind lo having one for a few months then try different brands xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back