Shall I go for a scan?

Petra

Reaction score
:wave: I am having dilema here. I have had 12 weeks scan in June and will have another one at 23 weeks at the beginning of September. I am getting really impatient and want to find out the sex of the baby. My mum is coming to visit me in the UK on Saturday. She will be here for a week and I would like her to meet our little one. I will be 17 weeks on Tuesday next week.. they should be able to tell if it's boy or girls, right? Would you wait until September or just go for a private one? It's £ 100 which I could spend on baby's stuff... grrhhh, I can't make my mind up :wall:

Hi Petra :wave:

If it were me then i would be tempted to go for the scan. I think it would be such a nice moment to share with your mam and also another chance to see your LO and the huge difference in development from last time you seen him/her.

I've had 4 scans so far and each time me and OH have been amazed at just how different and advanced he gets every time.

I had a scan at 16w 5d (as i was told high risk for downs syndrome) so got a detailed scan to check for soft markers and at the end she said 'I dont know if you were wanting to know the sex of your baby but i know and can tell you if you wish'.

We had always planned staying Team Green but after an upsetting few days (letter about high risk downs) we jumped at the chance and we are having a boy :cheer:

Let us know what you decide but i think all though £100 is a lot of money, just for the moment alone its so worth it.

xxxxxxxxxxx

I think if you wanted to arrange one, so your mum could be there, it will definatly be worth it, and it will be one more time you get to see your little one growing and moving inside there :)

I'd say go for it, its not money wasted in my opinion! would you have a 3D one or just the regular one. Im not sure how good the 3D one is at this stage, and tbh, my oh prefered the regular scan to our 4D

I'd go for it, it would be really nice for your mum to be there too. We only get one scan in Glasgow so I've already had private ones, really wanting a 3rd now!

I say go for it too...memories you can keep forever...babygrows and toys only last a few weeks! :hug:

Mine and OHs personal favourite scan was at 13 weeks as we could see the whole of him on screen! :)

The next we had was gone 21 weeks and harder to see as much of him and they were more concerned in checking all his organs and measurements etc were good, so a private one may be more special.

I would have a hunt round on prices though if you're worried, as sure I have seen some sexing scans around for about £65-70 :think:

I would get one too hun! Thats would be so nice to go with your mam and also find out the sex early!! :cheer: :cheer:

:wave: thank you girls. I am going to arrange for the scan - decision made :) :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
:hug: :hug: :hug: HUGS to all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back