sh*t NHS t*ssers

nathanmum

Reaction score
ive just found out today that my ward will be changing from a medical ward to an isolation ward for c dif (the squits) and i am sooooooo fudged off. not only do i not want to spend all day elbow deep in poop(i am not the too posh to wash type i can assure you but there are limits) i do not want to bring it home to nathan- at the hospital we have no changing facilities no showers nothing and infection control just say that gloves and apron will be enough sod off!!!! i do not know what im going to do as there are just no other jobs at the mo and i do not want to work there!!!
i absolutely loathe the nhs at the moment and i wish that bloody patricia hewitt would get a hobbie.... besides p*ssing off nurses.

i apologise for my title it sounds really bad i dont swear that much honestly

:hug: sorry for the news, it sounds awful, there is nothing more depressing than being down with your job! I would keep fighting the infection exxcuse and see if they move you :hug:

yeah i hope i can move but the job situation is dire at the mo and a whole new batch of newly qualifieds come out around now too. i would do something new but trying to start a new career part time is probably not the best way to do it.

my mom works as a HCA at the local hospital and is on the bowel ward. it does smell alot. but she seems to like it. the nhs are making alot of people there leave. its an awful situation at the moment. loads of wards are merging here.

i cant belive its not on the news more its a complete mess.

I am a nurse as well and can totally empathise with you...

Could you take a change of clothes with you and get changed in the loo before you come home... I think I would be tempted to do this and throw my uniform in the wash straight away.. I know there was some legislation posted a while back that said the trust HAD to supply nurses with somewhere to change onsite.... don't know if you could go downt that route.... are you able to contact your infection control link nurse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back