sex

it did for me! i was 5 days over tho!

Kazz

Yep, enjoy!

Here are some details on a website I found:
Sex
Apparently, there are prostaglandins in semen which can trigger labour, if you are ready to go into labour. Of course it might be the last thing that you feel like doing at 40+ weeks of pregnancy, but if you’re both feeling in the mood then it might be worth a try. One other point though, the prostaglandins are better absorbed through the stomach (although you might want to keep that little bit of information to yourself…)

Thanks for that 8)

Im 36 weeks and 1 days at the minute, so dont think it would trigger it just yet...??

yeah, I had a crack at it this morning and it didn't do anything for me!
Better luck next time? :D

eightball said:
One other point though, the prostaglandins are better absorbed through the stomach (although you might want to keep that little bit of information to yourself…)

Is this really true?

Not been working for us.. :oops:

Actually, I always believed the prostaglandins in semen (and the female orgasm-type contractions stimulating the more powerful labour contractions) myth of sex too until I read recently that there was actual research carried out (i.e. examinations of the cervix of women who had sex in late pregnancy) that seemed to suggest the opposite: those who had sex late in pregnancy tended to go OVER their due dates. So now we all know why you're overdue, Leckershell.... :D

Seriously, what the researchers did surmise was that those ladies whose labour was imminent were probably in the least mood for sex.

That is, having sex will NOT bring about labour and, if you still feel up to having sex, then you're unlikely to go into labour that day.

x

its worth a try i suppose. i talk on another website and they have all been trying it and 3 women have gone into labour over past few days after sex at 36/37 weeks so could be something in it. i suppose your body will only do it when baby is ready tho.

xxxxx

i think it did for me - altho i was trying like crazy from about 38wks. lmao.

had sex about midnight - by 4am had pains and couldnt sleep - pains continued for over 24hrs then i had a baba!!! lmaooo

must add i was 4 days overdue tho.

I'm still up for it but the physical possibility of it is near impossible at the mo!!!

I think it did for me michelle.

Had a right rampant session :oops: then i was contacting in the morning and she was born the monday morning :D

When i say rampant i think you have to be physically exhausted afterwards to know that it worked lol!

lol :lol:

Im worn out today like! we went at it like mad! Ive been totally worn out for ages but ya know when ya just really need to have it!

ohh it was fun 8)

Well it hasn't worked for me as yet. Have tried both of the above mentioned methods - much to OH delight! :rotfl:

Piglet xx

well you never know, if can happen for some and not happen for others

Im gonna keep trying tho :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannhknite
Back