Sex Change Operations for Baby Girls in India

TiffanyJaynexo

Reaction score
http://blogs.babble.com/strollerder...ndian-baby-girls-given-sex-change-operations/

Apparently baby girls are 'pricey' with the traditional Indian wedding needed. Where as a baby boy supposedly improves a families prospects and so baby boys are more wanted. Wanted so much that baby girls are turned into boys?!

I quote the person who wrote this article, "If your preference for a boy over a girl is that strong, perhaps you need to rethink the decision to have children at all."

:wall2:

I question the validity of these "blog" stories.
The cost of the operation and subsequent care would far outweigh the potential price for a dowry to the family. Gender remodification takes many surgeries and continuing hormone treatments, which all bar the top 1% of Indian families could afford.
The child would certainly be sterile and likely unable to function sexually - hindering any potential arranged marriage and certainly would not bear any descendants to the family name (extremely important in most Indian culture).
Although stories of female mutilation are well documented, I think this story may be slightly fabricated as it just doesn't add up.

It does seem abit futile and totally barbaric :(

The sentiment behind it does have some truth, boys are generally preffered (at least amongst the families ive been around spoken too) but i think the article is a little far fetched iykwim

If its genuinley true they deserve to have their fingers chopped off, evil gits :(

I wish the world worked like that hun :)
You can now choose your baby's gender via IVF. If you have the money of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back