Settling babies on their tummies...

Pudds86

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

After three and a half weeks of trying to get Campbell to settle on his own we have found that he is a tummy baby! Not something I am too happy about. He LOVES being on his tummy even during the day when we are having a cuddle.

I am not happy about settling him at night on his tummy but the only other thing is to listen to him cry for over an hour before he falls asleep from exhaustion. He is really good at controlling his head for such a young age and I am confident he will be able to do this throughout the night but I cant help but think about him smothering. I make sure there is nothing around his face etc.

Does anyone else settle their baby on their tummy? He now settles straight after his bottle and sleeps for 5 hours a time in the night.

xx

We bought the angelcare monitor because Seb is a tummy sleeper and I can not express how much of a relief it is! I would encourage anyone to get one!

We discovered he was a tummy sleeper about the same time you have! It's a scary thing at first but once they're bigger you relax more x seb had great head control too and managed to move his head easily x

i just turned noa on to his tummy after readin this and he was asleep within a min THANKS x

How does an angelcare monitor work?

We were all put on our tummies - that was the recommendation for us lot growing up so it can't be that bad?

:dito: sensor pad monitors r fab... basically when baby stops breathing alarm goes off!! highly recommend... altho i moved to the tomy digital monitor which comes with separate sensor pad and its much better having digital!! :D xx

oh I might look into that. My friends baby is also a tummy sleeper and she has been told by health visitor is isnt ideal because its not so much the danger of smothering although that is part of it but its the fact that babies organ fall to the front of their body and can overheat easier so you have to be very careful about how they are dressed...

My room temperature is almost always 18 and I am being very careful about keeping him cooler now I know this. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back