Seriously, how bad is labour & birth?

Like a lot of the girl have said try not to worry about what your labour will be like as everyone is different so you just can't predict!
You are still only 16 weeks so enjoy your pregnancy aswell :)

I didn't think about labour with my daughter as i didnt want to worry and it made it so much easier to take it how it came on the day iykwim?

i was induced with my LO but had started on my own so got to 1cm before they gave me the pessary :dance: i was induced around half 3 i think and Ava-Mai was born at 11.26pm that night :) they said it was established labour for 3 hours 30 minutes.
The pain did start off as mild period cramps then they gradually got stronger, about an hour before she was born the contractions started to take my breath away but i had my mum controlling my breathing so before i could panic she would talk me through it. I used a birthing ball from starting to just before i started to push and found walking and swaying worked a treat :)
My LO was back to back which we didnt realise until last minute, my little monster switched positions without us noticing :roll: BUT i have to say this meant no real pain in my tummy and it all in my back which i coped well with just using a TENS machine which was ripped off when i was told to push :lol: I didnt feel the need to use anything else as the TENS machine controlled my back pain and the BOOST button was amazing :)

The worst feeling i had through the whole labour was right at the end when the pressure hit me but that was only because it was time to push, Ava was out in the world around 25 minutes later.

Sorry for making my story go on got a bit carried away i think but i remember it all so well except the pain, if my pain did get bad i honestly can't remember, all i remember is breathing and pressure :)

Hoping some of these stories put your mind at ease and you can relax about the labour and birth a little now :)

Katie xxx

I hand on heart LOVED it. Really wish I had filmed it to see what I cant remember. Dont get me wrong, it hurt...a lot... but I was so mashed on gas and air I thought everything was funny. Would do it again in a heart beat xx

Pudds I was thinking the same - shame we didn't film it, it was amazing! I don't want to forget any of it!

I was scared myself when i was pregnant can I can assure you aint that bad,,,hope everything will be fine.

Once you've the child on your chest.. you'll forget about about everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back