Septum??

hayley_17

Reaction score
Well this is quite a long and confusing... sorry if i dont describe it right lol

When i went for my 20 week scan they said they thought i had two sacks but only one baby, so for some reason the baby in the other sack hadnt grown etc. They sent me for a more detailed scan where they could see everything alot better but said there was nothing to worry about and there was only one baby. So i just forgot about this and didnt worry.

I went for my 35 week scan last week to see if LO had turned because he has been breech for a while. He hasnt turned and the lady doing the scan said something about it saying in my notes that i had a septum and that could be why he had turned. apparently when they did my detailed scan at 20 weeks they wrote in my notes that i had this but they never told me ?? i thought they should have told me...??

Well i was just wondering if anyone knew about this or had experience of it... ive never heard of this before and wondered if anyone else had!

Thanks in advance... :D

Hayley xx

Hi Hayley, they may have meant you have a bi cornuate uterus, and that could be why baby is breech.
I had 2 breech babies which they thought was a coincidence, then when I had an ectopic, they discovered I had a bi cornuate uterus. The womb has 2 lobes seperated by a septum. Baby develops in one lobe and the other stays empty and can even bleed as the body thinks it is not pregnant as there is nothing in the sac. Cos of the shape if baby settles in breech position it usually has no room to turn and dosnt engage, and they definatly shouldnt try to turn it, that is dangerous if you do have a BU.
It would be difficult for them to check with a scan now as you can see it better right at the beginning.
If you do have one you can have a normal delivery if they agree. I had 2 vaginal delivery's, both breech, but the BU does make it difficult for the placenta to come away, so for my 3rd and 4th I had c sections to make it easier on baby and me!
I am 18 weeks with my fifth, so it dosnt have to be a problem. Ask your consultant if you get to, it may be that is what you have.
Good luck, look after yourself
Kate

Thanks Kate :D

Ive got a ceserean booked for 10th july so only 12 days now but it was just playing on my mind. im going into hospital on 7th july for all my pre- op stuff so i think i will ask about it then.

i did have a scan to see if i was still pregnant when i was 7 weeks (which was when i found out i was pregnant) because my last period only lasted for two days and was very painful and very heavy. they never said anything about it untill 20 weeks.

Thanks for replying though, ive never heard of this before!! when i went for my 35 week scan the lady never suggested trying to turn him which i thought she would. maybe thats why she never did??

Thanks again :D

xx

Thats ok, good luck on the 10th, bet you cant wait! Its still worth keeping in mind to ask for your next one! :dance: Kate

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back