• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Seperation anxiety

Duds

Reaction score
I really dont know what to do ....

I have posted in general topic about how long a 6month should sleep as iv been having probs with Aimee recently & have tried to look up what the problem is as she also cries if anyone else holds her.
I havent found much info but what I did see is apprantley a baby goes through seperation anxiety which affects their sleeping also etc, thing is I dont know what to do about it.

She is getting progressively worse & I dont know how much more I can handle, its really getting to me now. :(
It took me an hour to get her to nap this afternoon, I refused to give in as I knew she was tired (probably overtired). Its just fight after fight.
She used to go down fine at night (always a bugger during the day) give or take a few bad days but for the past few evenings she has also kicked off @ bedtime - BIG STYLE. My DH wanted to put her down to give me a break 2nite so I went to take the dog out - 30mins later I walk in to her still crying so much she couldnt breathe, she had finally gone off through exhaustion. It just upsets me her being so unhappy.

Maybe she is ill? I dont know...

I feel bad for whats she's going through but dont know what I can do to make it better or how long it goes on for.
Do all babies go through this???

x

my first was very much like this he used to cry and cry when anyone else held him and wouldnt go to sleep unless he was in my arms as soon as i laid him down he would wake or he would sleep for a bit and start screaming, no one else would look after him it really got me down, but i just said right this is it and left him to cry for 5, 10 mins checking on him and he went to sleep and i did this every night just checking on him giving him a cuddle if he got too upset and he started sleeping through, does aimee spend much time with other people because i found with my first i was doing everything and no one else looked after him and when it came to me wanting to go out it was so difficult because he was so used to me being the one there always putting him to sleep and feeding him etc.. i just started to seperate myself got my oh to do a lot more with him and let him go to sleep in his cot no rocking and no cuddling to sleep, don't let it get you down i think most babies go through it she justs loves u because ur a good mummy. hope it gets better soon xhannahx

Hi Duds
Sorry - I didn't see your post before now. :roll:
Oscar is exactly the same. I even went to the toilet today with Oscar on my lap. Pulled my trousers and undies down (with great difficulty) :oops: and up again.......

I have read that this is very normal for this age. They become more aware of their main carer. I'll try and find the info for you. Oscar also cries when others hold him and has a look of sheer "panic" on his wee facey, whilst looking to see where I am.

I find it terribly difficult - he seems to be on my hip most of the time. I've even become a pro at cooking a grand meal and dishing up too with only one hand!! :roll:

I don't think Aimee is ill. She has probably just realised that you're the one she wants!!! A thing called Love...LOL :lol: :lol:
Peer wee mites - they've got us wrapped around their pinkies.

Hope this helps - you're not alone!!
Emilia xx :wink:

Eva is the same! It's hard work and stressful when they scream if you leave the room but when you pick them up and they have a huge grin it's so lovely :) tiring but lovely haha

anyone know how long it last for? xx

Hopefully not long! Damien has been like this for a couple of weeks now, Mark is getting jealous! lol :lol:

EDITED coz I can't even spell my own sons name! :lol:

you dont even know what seperation anxiety is sami. You are just copying off me.

Don't bloody start you, I'm gonna come and put you to bed personally! What's your address! Lets move this to my mental thread before we take over another thread with insanity! :lol:

no. i'm staying here and you can't make me move.

you can't lift me into bed cos me butt's too heavy.

Hi!!!!

They go through a stage between 6 and 9 months when they get scared of being abandoned if they do not see you around. It will go away. sorry will write later have to go back to lesson lol

Well, things seem to be getting worse for the past 2 nights Aimee is also waking in the night & is now up at 5am, she doesnt cry when she wakes in the morning so I leave her but she doesnt go back off. I feel so tired & drained now and have to go back to work next week!

We went out for the whole day yesterday and had to leave Aimee with her grandma, she was aware that she was going through a clingy stage but said she'd be ok, anyway she wasnt.... She cried all day apprantly till she was burnt out and sleep then repeat the same process again. My poor mum when we got back was pratically in tears saying she just didnt know what to do with her. She had to put her to bed early as she wouldnt feed & was in such a state & was sweating through all the stress.
I checked on her and apart from having wet hair from the sweat seemed ok... she opened her eyes straight away looked at me and closed them again. I feel extremely guilty for putting her through it.
She woke a few times in the night and was up at 5am again & so far this morning wont let me walk out the room.
I dont pander to her or fuss her too much so dont know why she is soo clingy... maybe she has something wrong with her....

Havent got a clue how im going to crack this :?

(sorry for going on)

Duds said:
Well, things seem to be getting worse for the past 2 nights Aimee is also waking in the night & is now up at 5am, she doesnt cry when she wakes in the morning so I leave her but she doesnt go back off. I feel so tired & drained now and have to go back to work next week!

We went out for the whole day yesterday and had to leave Aimee with her grandma, she was aware that she was going through a clingy stage but said she'd be ok, anyway she wasnt.... She cried all day apprantly till she was burnt out and sleep then repeat the same process again. My poor mum when we got back was pratically in tears saying she just didnt know what to do with her. She had to put her to bed early as she wouldnt feed & was in such a state & was sweating through all the stress.
I checked on her and apart from having wet hair from the sweat seemed ok... she opened her eyes straight away looked at me and closed them again. I feel extremely guilty for putting her through it.
She woke a few times in the night and was up at 5am again & so far this morning wont let me walk out the room.
I dont pander to her or fuss her too much so dont know why she is soo clingy... maybe she has something wrong with her....

Havent got a clue how im going to crack this :?

(sorry for going on)

Duds... hugs!
I hope your wee bunnie is ok. I doubt that she's unwell, but might be worth checking out. Just know though... when the gp's don't have symptoms to go with, they tell us it's normal and that we shouldn't worry. If only they knew!!! :(

I hope things improve - must be hard on both of you.

Thinking of you
Emilia xx

Thanks Emilia,

Hope Oscar is ok too & lets you pee in peace!!

Finding it a bit embarrasing now, my dad came over today & she took one look at him a burst out crying! What have I done to my child?!
:!:

I should have read this before I posted my "sleep troubles etc" thread a minute ago.
Lydia is going through a similar thing - although she's a few months older. I'm at my wits end.
She follows me around EVERYWHERE, if I have to leave her to go to the loo she shrieks until I get back, she wakes up several times in the night in absolute hysterics and it takes me FOREVER to get her to go back to sleep, and even then it only happens if I'm RIGHT next to her cot holding her hand.
It's crazy. I can't get a thing done in the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back