• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Separation Anxeity

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
Anyone got any personal experience of this.

I think Maia is going through it at the moment, quite badly with me not so bad with OH.

Whenever I leave the room, whenever I put her down in her car seat for example or if I put her on the floor to play, if I don't engage her in play straight away she wants to be picked up. Its worse on an afternoon when she goes down for a nap, she basically screams and screams really hysterically so she ends up not having her afternoon nap despite giving me all the sleep signals prior to trying to put her to bed. When she goes down at night time she cries when I put her into her cot and while I put her mobile on and switch her radiator off then as soon as she sees me walk out of the door she screams and screams, luckily so far only a few shout outs then she settles herself and goes to sleep but she's started waking in the night and will cry and cry whenever I try and put her back down to sleep. Its really upsetting that she is so unconsoleable (is that a word?)

Anyone got any tips on how I can minimise the upset, anything I can do to help her get over it. When she does get upset I try not to leave her to cry I do go and comfort her once she is crying cause if I don't she will just scream and scream and it breaks my heart :cry:

I'm starting training in Feb to become a breastfeeding peer supporter for 2 hours every week and she will be cared for by an on site creche so hopefully that will help her get used to me being away from her.

I'm going through the same thing at the minute, to the point where I had to tell
a lady at the school not to put her head in the pram to say 'hello' to her.
She did it anyway and low and behold she bawled for 30 minutes!
If anyone dares go to take her out of mine or dh's arms she actually holds her breath when screaming!
If anyone has any advise I would love to here it!
The only thing I have been told is to tell people not to grab her from me, and let her make up
her own mind if she would like to go to them or not!

xx

We've been through the same thing since Angel was 4 months! We were basically told not to hand her straight to people, but for her to decide when she's ready. And she does, with selected people! Lol
We have issues with men in particular coz OH's dad made her jump quite badly by shouting and she has hated him and other men ever since! But it doesn't stop my In Laws taking her off me straight away then playing her upto grandad! Which i really don't think helps to be honest!
It's just a case of following her lead, and just keeping her around people really. She is a million times better than she used to be because i've kinda told people shes funny.
She screams if i give her to OH and leave a room but i just have to leave her there, and she's fine by the time i get back.

Ryan's been doing exactly the same thing the last few weeks and its so draining. Im on my own so i have it 24/7 and i havent had a break in months, i hope it gets better! I cant leave the room, eat, wash up, make dinner, have a shower, etc etc without him crying for attention! hes not even interested in his toys anymore :hug:

Pulsitilla is a really fantastic homeopathic remedy for seperation anxiety, a few Mums round here use it and especially before bedtime or a class we take them to. I have noticed a real difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back