• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

sense of smell and tallons for nails

ella

Reaction score
I was just wandering about the office and got a strange smell - this happens me a lot these days, I found myself sniffing the air like a wild beast to see if I could identify it :roll:

My hubbies theory is that our sense of smell gets better to detect preditors and our nails get stronger to fight them off if needs be - isnt that kinda mental, but could definately be some truth in it :think:

yep, deffo..does ur hair grow quicker to keep u warm? even in the summer lol?? i smell weird things like petrol n think.. mmmmm fried onions? noone else can smell it..

My nails are breaking off left right and centre :?

Early on when I was first getting the heightened sense of smell thing, my fella claimed I was making it up! I soon disabused him of that notion.

I'm sure it must be a survival thing, as your bloke says. I think that's why noxious smells set me off retching, too. It's an attempt to expel any possible toxins from the body and to protect the growing baby. That's my theory, anyhow.

Not getting the 'talons for nails' thing, though. If anything, they're more brittle, despite me drinking absolute gallons of milk. (Having said that, I do trim them very regularly anyway because it makes it difficult to play musical instruments.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back