• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Self weaning?

Magic Monkey

Reaction score
I don't want to start a big debate about this, I am just interested as a non-brestfeeder!

If you plan to wait until your baby self weans from the breast, will you continue until they do, whenever that is? i.e. if they don't self wean by a certain age, will you then wean them, or will you continue indefinitely until they do self wean?

As i said, I am not looking to start an arguement, I am just interested as I don't know anyone irl who has fed beyond a year.

thank you xx

Until lil miss has babies of her own and then I'll breastfeed my grandkids for her so she can go out for an evening...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: sorry had to be said after the post in off topic...

Seriously... self weaning is the way for me...

same here. Seren stopped asking for it when she was 20 months and the majority of children do stop between 2 and 4 years though I have met some mums who are still feeding their 4 year olds regularly.

PMSL @ squig

i'll feed til connor self weans, whenever that may be :)

My boobies are his until he doesn't want them anymore :D

Im considering self weaning but depends of a few things really.

A)Whether my period returns cause want to TTC number 2
B)Whether the pain in my wrists continues cause I need a steroid injection but cant have it when breastfeeding or pregnant.

But seriously considering it after watching the vid that Beanie posted earlier, it was beautiful :)

Im undecided, just taking everyday as it comes a the moment.
We plan to ttc end of next year & I would like to get in shape before that & have my body back for a lil while before im preg again :) approaching 1 year & no signs of her wanting to stop at mo :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back