Seen my Nurse and I have to wait ages to ttc

Hippychick

Reaction score
I saw my nurse this morning and am a little upset as I now have to wait until December to ttc. :( I hope you ladies won't mind me sticking around anyway, at least I can get some tips and prepare myself as much as poss.

It just feels like it's going to be forever, however I know it's the right thing to do by waiting as the drugs for my RA should then have left my system and won't harm the baby.

Good thing is though she said the drug I had cyclophosphamide was given to me in a smallish dose so shouldn't have affected my fertility (one thing I was extremely worried about) :cheer:

Anyway off to get a new ticker, what should I do between now and December?I am going to get as healthy as poss but should I start folic acid or wait until about September time? not sure.

Thanks for reading. xx

:( Aww, sorry you didnt get the go ahead now, but I guess this way you have plenty of time for your body to prepare. Good news about the cyclo-thingy drugs tho!

I assume you are getting AFs (periods) cos if you are (and you dont already) you could start noting down the days you are on partic the first day each month so you know how long your cycles are - that way you can estimate when ov will be easier than if you have no idea of cycle length.

I think they say start taking Folic Acid three months before ttc.

The only other thing I think is to eat healthily and avoid too much alcohol and caffeine but tbh you wont need to be too strict until a bit later on.

Oh and of course you can stick around, you can be the most prepared person ever when you do start ttc that way!
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back