Seem's like ages away...

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
I'm 22 weeks today and it seems like ages to go until my due date. I wish I could speed up time. I've been in here for 9 weeks now, I feel like I will never get to 3rd tri. Still got 5 weeks to go until 3rd tri, seems like ages away but looking back 5 weeks to when I was 17 weeks only seems like yesterday, but looking forward 5 weeks seems like a lifetime :roll:

Anybody else wishing the weeks away?

xJodieLoux said:
I'm 22 weeks today and it seems like ages to go until my due date. I wish I could speed up time. I've been in here for 9 weeks now, I feel like I will never get to 3rd tri. Still got 5 weeks to go until 3rd tri, seems like ages away but looking back 5 weeks to when I was 17 weeks only seems like yesterday, but looking forward 5 weeks seems like a lifetime :roll:

Anybody else wishing the weeks away?

I agree with this! First tri seemed to fly, but I still have ages left in 2nd tri! I think it's lasting so long as well because I tested early so I seem to have known about my pregnancy for a life time! I'm sure once you get to 3rd tri it will fly! xxx

im really fed up with all the waiting about myself, it seems a lifetime away and goin so slow for me, im counting the days and thats not good, just try and not think sbout it too much, thats wat ive been doin lately, was gettin really fed up last week..

Its the opposite for me... 1st tri took forever and a day to get through and now 2nd tri seems to be flying by! I can't believe i'm actually 18 weeks now- could never even imagine it before. I think its cos I have so much coming up each week so have milestones to look to.. vitality show, Al murray show, comedy show at albert hall, scan and then HOLIDAY! :cheer:
My dad always told me not to wish my life away as I'll look back and regret it- but I always do! Once I've had my scan and am even bigger i reckon it'll fly by even more and then slow down when i'm waiting in 3rd tri :shock:

I feel th opposite. 2nd tri seems to have flown by. Maybe because i found out i was pregnant right on 4 weeks and kept it a secret (from everyone apart from my partner) until i was 10 weeks. Those first 6 weeks seemed to drag so much. Plus on top of that i had hyperemesis and couldn't stop being sick. I was in hospital for most of the duration of the first tri :(

Let's hope the next few weeks fly by girls :pray:

First Tri was the worst for me, couting those 4, 5, 6, 7 weeks seemed like a million years til 40 weeks. Now I'm feeling much better and getting over lots of milestones so it's not so bad although I still know how you feel as I'm naturally impatient.....luckily I have lots to keep me busy until May, as we're moving house.

You'll look back on this post in about 15 weeks time and think it seemed like yesterday! :hug:

I remember thinking this some months ago. Your time will be here quicker than you think. When I first began posting people such as Carly, Kimbo, Squiglet and Midna still had a fair while to go, I can't believe that they all have their bubbas now!

I bet you'll be writing a post like this to someone else at your stage before you know it :wink:

i feel ike it is going quickly, when you think of all the ones who were here when we joined tri 2 and now most of them goe and so many new face it makes me realise that we are progressing along nicely.

Alo now getting scared about labour so wouldn't mind tme stopping for a bit.

Sandi

hiah, i remember saying i was 3 weeks off 3rd tri! and felt it was AGES away!!!
then next minute, here i am, 27 weeks and in 3rd tri!

beleive me it flys by!!

2nd tri has felt longer for me, but thats because i didnt start counting the weeks until i was 6 weeks,
And i find it so odd that theres people in 3rd tri who i remember from first about to have babies lol.
My due date has always flet ages away, and even now i feel like its ages, then i noticed a november babies post in first tri and was like :shock: omg, she'll be her quite soon.
It's a little scary that she's no longer a little cluster of cells, shes a proper little person lol :rotfl:
I'm trying to just relax and enjoy the rest of pregnancy but i have got a little restless recently, wanting her here.
PLUS i cant help counting down (DOUBLE FIGURES TOMORROW)

It seems like it's taking forever - but in context (for me) it's going really quickly! I remember being 13 weeks and thinking "Wow, I'm quite far gone now!" :rotfl:

But I'm 18 weeks today and can't believe there's only another fortnight until I'm half-way through!

xx

I've known for ages too, and that was particularly bad in the first tri. I'm wishing the weeks down until maternity leave because I hate my job. I'm alrerady getting baby brain and have found it really hard to train a new starter this week. I can't wait to go, then it can slow down!!

Its kind of like knowing your going on the most amazing cruise or getting your dream car or something but not being able to have it for months, its like TORTURE.

Ok having a baby will be even better then the above I know i should wish it away but its just too exciting isnt it!!!! eeek!!!

xx

I found out early on with my son and in this pregnancy. Around the 4 week mark.

Up to 20 weeks sped by. Since my 20 week scan, time has dragged!

I remember with my son that it seemed to speed up again about now until the 28 week milestone.

Each wednesday I am in a new week. I try to concentrate on that. I think the last couple weeks dragged the most for me last time.

We are terrible. We should enjoy this time of miracles. I just can't wait to meet him/her!

Don't wish it away ladies, you'll probably really miss being pregnant once baby is born. Which sounds daft as you have your precious LO in your arms but I really missed my bump after my first pregnancy and all the movements.

I'll swap you, this one is going as fast as Isaac's, which is TOO FAST :shock: :shock: :shock:
Like Bagpuss17 says, enjoy it, you're only pregnant a very small while in the big scheme of things :hug: :hug: :hug:

For me the whole thing so far seems to have gone really fast :shock: I want it to slow down abit.

Can't believe im 24 weeks already, only feels like yesterday I was getting my positive pregnancy test :shock:

The only time it has seemed to drag was the week before each of my scans but after that it has gone really fast :|

Thank's for all the replies, havent been on for a few days.

I think the reason it seems to be going so slow is because, in first tri I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks 4 days, then at 4 weeks 6 days I went on hols for a week, so before I knew it I was 6 weeks. Then it all started to sink in, I had a couple of midwifes appts, then it was xmas, then on xmas day we told everybody. Then 2 weeks after that I had my 12 week scan. But then I had 9 weeks to wait until my next scan which seemed like forever, I got laid off from work at 15 weeks, at 17 weeks I was told high risk of downs and an amnio those few days dragged on so much, then I had a water infection and thrush really bad and it dragged on like mad until my scan. Now I have no scan to count down towards and so I'm counting down 24 weeks, double figures and third tri. Time is just going so slowly though.

I must admit though, I get quite shocked when I look into first tri and see november due dates, that does make it seem so close. Also now I see people coming in here who were just joining first tri as I was about to leave and I'm like 'wow it only seems two mins ago they got their BFP's'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back