• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Seeing the Doctor

kizzibea

Reaction score
Because of some medication my OH is on, he has to go to the doctor for regular check ups about every 6-8 weeks. He had one this week and I meant to get him to ask about ttc but completely forgot.

We were chatting this morning and he mentioned that he had to go to the health centre in December to book an appointment for January and he just said I could come along too if I wanted 'to talk about baby stuff'. :)

He knows that I like his doctor better than mine (mine's a man and he's really good if you're properly ill but if he thinks you're just trying to get a sick note he's useless & he's not really the sort of person I can see myself talking to about ttc stuff because as soon as I mentioned anything like OPKs or temping he'd probably be against it).

He was so relaxed saying it that I wonder if perhaps ttc did come up when he was talking to the doctor and that's why I've been invited along. I'm feeling like I can really relax this next two cycles because if nothing happens, we'll be able to go see the doctor and maybe see about getting some tests done. :)

Oh yes go along - it's great that you'd both be there talking to someone who is great. Perfect! Yay :)
Xx

Thats great kizzibea, your OH sounds very supportive but hopefully you will get your xmas bfp and wont need to go.

I know what you mean about some GP's they are just not interested :(

Thanks girls.

OH is really wonderful, I think he's a little worried that because he's older that might cause problems for us but I didn't want to bring up going for tests in case it worried him. I like that he's been thinking about these things. Plus I'm really nervous about medical stuff, I've got to have an eye test soon and I'm so chicken I'm dragging OH along to that. :rolleyes: I'd feel really worried going in to see a doctor by myself.

We've got two cycles before January, I'll be Oving around Christmas so by the time he's able to get us an appointment I should know one way or the other.

& his GP is lovely, she used to be in the tap class we took together for a while. Was quite useful to have a doctor in the room when there's someone as clumsy as me flailing around. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back