Seeing midwife near the end...

lmarszall

Reaction score
Hi all,

How often are you supposed to see the midwife near the end. I though (wrongly) i would see mine weekly from 36 weeks. But i don't have to see her for 2 weeks.

Now seeing as my baby is already measuring 40 weeks, he will measuring 42 then. And they could still leave it another 2-4 weeks as there date is still the 13th June.

Also considering as at my m/w apt friday i got sent over the hospital for fetal tachicardia (high HB) i would have like them to keep an eye in his heart. Even though he was ok when we got to hosp. It is still a worry.

What can i do though :(

Lau
xx

Hi :wave:

you are supposed to see your midwife weekly from 36 wks, but thigns are so different all over the country its hard to know, when i went to have my anti d injection at the hosp the midwife said there that if you want an antematal appointment but your midwife is unavailable you can make an appointment to see your gp and he can do the same things as your midwife (within reason)

so at least you could have LO HB checked after your scare :hug:

i last saw mine at 35+4 weeks and i'll see her again at 37+4. i dont kno if it'll go to weekly after then i'll let u kno

good luck with the hospital & tachicardia. try not to worry :hug: :hug:

I have only been seeing the midwife every 2 weeks and i am supposed to be high risk.
I think it depends on if they think that you need seeing every week, if you have had no problems then i dont think they need to.

A high heart beat like what you described in your other post is probably down to him having had a wiggle as when i was being monitered one of the times my babies heart beat went from 110 to 190 odd and was told it was fine and that its only a worry if it goes over 200 or under 90 i think.

Did your midwife say that he was tachicardic at the time?

:hug: BIG hugs Laura :hug:
Just phone your MW or GP if you want to see someone, don't sit and worry yourself about anything, they can see you and check his HB anytime, and it seems you have questions they need to answer so I hope you get them :hug:

Mine keeps leaving it 3 weeks in between appointments....she's useless :x

Hiya,

Yeah they put on my notes Fetal Tachacardia (sp?) But he was fine when we got to the hospital for a trace. It went down to around 150 and it was at 185.

It's just the fact that with that and the fact he is 3 weeks bigger than for his dates it would have been nice to see her weekly from now. As by the last two scans his EDD came out as 25th may - 1st June. Bit different from the 13th June.

But they really don't seem bothered. Bt it would have been reassuring to at least go and see the midwife next week so she could check HB and presentation and stuff.

But there we go. I may just make up some excuse to see the midwife if i feel too worried.

Thanks for the replies,

Lau
xx

I thought it was supposed to be every week after 36 weeks? Mind you if your MW doesn't want to see you why don't you just go see your GP instead? It's always better to be reassured than needlessly worry.

:hug:

I saw my midwife when i was full term then at 39 weeks then i didn't see her again...

Hi

Out here you see your doctor or mw every two weeks from 32 weeks on then every week from 36 weeks on.
I saw my doc at 33 weeks +2 and go again at 35 + 4 then at 36 +2
and every week after that .
Hope you get in sooner hun
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannhknite