Midwife check up today

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by lrb, Jan 4, 2012.

1. lrb

lrb Well-Known Member

29w 4d, had bloods done, felt baby and she's head down, talked about c section as I'm low lying placenta at mo & she recons your in hosp 1 day sometimes 2, and recovery after is 1-2 weeks! Surely this is madness!!! My mum had c section twice and 6 weeks was recovery time!!! 1 week seems madness!!!!! What do u all think? Or been told??
    Also got told about anti natal classes & breast feeding that I'm signing up to 13th feb :) can't wait for that! It's 11-4 so they do it all together! Then re book for breast feeding! Looking forward to it now! Midwife said I need to see her every 3 weeks now! Didn't realise it's that often! Must mean I'm getting near the end now lol!

2. Rachel1509

Rachel1509 Well-Known Member

I've never heard of c-section recovery time being 1 week. I always thought it was about 5 weeks? :eh:

Glad your LO is head down! Although it could change I suppose. My little man has been transverse for weeks and it's really worrying me. I keep randomly getting on all fours hoping it will encourage him to change position, but OH gets too frisky!

3. Sleepy sue

Sleepy sue Well-Known Member

Hi Hun my friends just had a c section and she was told approx 6 weeks for recovery. I can't see you being recovered after a week it takes me that long to get over a good hangover lol

I've just gone on to every three weeks :) mw says it starts to hot up now !!!
    Xxx

4. lrb

lrb Well-Known Member

I thought it sounded madness!! She's supposed to be a midwife, does she not know her stuff???!! Makes me feel relaxed that I'm in good hands.. Not!!

5. leannesxb

leannesxb Well-Known Member

Maybe she means that after a week 10 days max you are up and about. I had one with my son and are having another with this one. After 5 days I was capable of standing for periods of time, doing everything for baby , walking around leaning on the buggy (with someone) outside and was happy with visitors even able to make them cups of tea etc. It took at least 6 weeks for bleeding and with any pain to stop though. xx

6. lrb

lrb Well-Known Member

6 weeks for bleeding and pain to stop? Really, god!!

7. leannesxb

leannesxb Well-Known Member

yeh thats totally and utterly stop!!!! But after a couple of weeks bleeding it really slows and you often find it only comes out (TMI) in a bit of a gush if you do to much or get up quick. The pain is only after a couple of weeks max when you forget and lift something or do something you shouldn't. I forgot and had a laughing fit with my girls!!! Boy that hurt. lol I am happy to do it again so it wasn't that bad. From what I have heard if you tear etc during a normal labour it can take that long to stop bleeding etc. x