Second Ectopic????

Shell14

Reaction score
Hi

I am completely new to this whole forum. I am feeling devastated at the moment and didn't know where to turn.

I am 25 and have a beautiful little girl of 3 and a half years. Unfortunately I had a ectopic pregnancy in October 2011 in my right tube. Luckily though I lost the baby naturally and I did not need surgery to have my tube removed.

I was so upset and low and it took me a while to realise it just wasn't meant to be and I could try again.

I found out yesterday I am 4 weeks pregnant. I have been having cramping in the lower tummy area and in my left side. I went my A&E who took some blood and referred me to the EPU.

The EPU called today and my HCG level is 108. It seems quite low to me but the nurse said it's fine if it doubles within 48 hours. However I know deep inside something is wrong, call it gut instinct, and I am convinced it is another ectopic pregnancy this time in my left tube.

I feel so upset, I cannot express how much. I can't even function properly. If it wasn't for my daughter I would probably be sinking into depression right now and not wanting to get out of bed.

I can't understand why this is happening to me again. I am a healthy person and just want another addition to my family.

My family and friends try and comfort me and provide positive thoughts but I wanted to know if there is someone else out there who has been through this and wanted to know how they have coped.

I feel so angry at the world right now and don't know what to do. I know I should be grateful for my beautiful daughter and I am, I cherish every minute I spend with her x x x x x x x

Hi there, I am really sorry for your loss and what you are currently going through. It is understandable that you are feeling angry and wondering what this pregnancy is going to bring. Your hcg levels may rise hun, our bodys do very strange things. Like you said you must stay strong for your daughter. I really hope things turn out positive, and that this forum provides the support and advice you need x

Hi Shell - although I haven't experienced what you've been through, I didn't want to just read and run without posting. I am so so sorry to hear your last pregnancy was ectopic. I have my fingers crossed for a healthy pregnancy this time xxxxx

It seems that 5 to 430 is the 'normal' range for 4 weeks, but as the Midwife says its not the absolute number that's important, but that it rises. Many women on this forum have complained of pain on the one side and have not had ectopic pregnancies. I will keep my Fx that this turns out to be the case for you honey :hugs: xx

Hi hun, i am so sorry for your loss, i know it must have been a nightmare come true.
i don't want to give you false hope but with my daughter ( will be 6 in a week!!! :)) i had so strong pain in my right side that they also thought i had an ectopic... my hcg levels were not great either so with my strong pains docs were not hopeful at all! It turned out i was 6 weeks pregnant, and all was good.
so dont give up just yet!
I cross all i have for you. FX hun
Mel x

Hi I am so sorry you are going through this. I cannot imagine thus feels like my thoughts are with you

xx

hope you ok hun, keep us update with your results xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back