Woohoo she's in a routine, but...

Fingers crossed

Reaction score
Jess has got herself into her own routine.

Morning - screams
Afternoon - sleeps
Evening - screams
Night - sleeps
:rotfl:

If she's not sleeping or eating she's screaming (unless we're in company or out somewhere then she looks like butter-wouldn't-melt :roll: ). Why can't she be happy when she's awake, it makes me sad cos I think I'm not making her happy. Are all newborns like this? When will she be happy????

sounds like our routine except half the night he screams too :rotfl:

Oh I thought you were going to have posted a proper little routine....that's funny! I promise in another month or two she'll start to get into the swing of things, she's only teeny still :D

leland is still fussing when his awake , his not sure what to do with himself and i think he cries in frustration as his still not interested in toys etc as his devolpment in that way is that of a 5 week old :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: that sounds like lil miss' routine at 3 weeks... only more feeding and screaming intervals..:rotfl: tbh shes only starting to get into a routine now :roll:

midna said:
Seed never screamed .. mind you I wouldnt let her whatever it took I did lol....she was a bit unsettled through the colic patch but was more whimpering than crying.

And she lived on my boob :D

Thats the positive thing about 2nd babies there are just times when they have to be left to scream... you've got no choice... :roll: Tia was far bossier than Serena... :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm sure you do make her happy :hug: :hug: :hug:
She's just learnt that crying brings you to her, and as she learns new ways of getting your attention, the crying will ease :hug: She may just want picking up, or walking around, some babies don't like to just lay angelically :lol: Some babies just cry more than others, Isaac was a screamer, my friends little girl was so quiet I was so envious :lol: If it doesn't appear to ease though and you are worried, you could see your HV/GP about it, there is the possibility of colic but don't want to confuse that with just a very vocal baby :hug:
Have you considered a dummy? It can be a great comforter to babies :)
Very best wishes :hug:

My LO is the same too, its really lovely for the 5 seconds when she is awake and content! I think G3M is right its hard to know how to entertain them when they are so small and the grizzling is partly down to frustration, Eva is only happy when being carried about the house so she doesnt miss anything!

I've tried a dummy but she just won't take it :x , she realises after a few sucks it's not boobie and loses interest. I think it is mostly colic and I've been giving it to her before every single feed and she's been ok the last couple of days. I've also started to experiment with her eating and sleeping patterns seeing if that helps :) . I'm not sure what I done yesterday but since 1030 last night she has only woken up for food :D, I bet she won't sleep tonight though. I'll just see how she gets on over the next 2 weeks until I see the HV again. Thanks for the advice everyone, nice to knowI'm not the only one suffering :lol:

We have a similar routine with Charlie atm, bit of a shock to the system for us as Jamie was so good and never really cried much. For us the dummy seems to have made it worse cos as soon as he drifts off and the dummy comes out we have to start all over again :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back