Scratching and nipping - ouch!

Rayoflight

Reaction score
Anyone any good tips for stopping a 4 month old from nipping and scratching me?! He mostly does it on the right side of my neck. He pulls, nips and scratches the skin there and jeez it bloody hurts! I've got a few cuts there from him.

It's not like I can tell him off (did actually try that but he just laughed at me). Does anyone else's baby do this? I dread picking him up at the moment because I know within 2 seconds he's going to attack me!!!

Tegan is the same she also keeps pulling my hair! bloody hurts! i don't any solutions though sorry xx

Isla is the same. She pinches my skin and pulls my lips with her fingernails. It hurts :( no idea how to stop it. Sorry x

Seb does this mainly when he's tired. He'll kick, pinch and scratch me and man it hurts! I have bruises and scratches :( and no ideas on how to stop him!

aaawww hun, i feel you pain.... only suggestion i have is to keep on top of nail cutting and maybe introduce scratch mittens again? xxx

ah yes we have that too! the pinching kills! we keep nails short cos of scracthing eczema and that helps a little!

I think the mitts will have to come out again. Good call. He seems to do it when he is excited, like when I first get him in a morning. Little bugger.

aaawww bless him! he's excited to see Mummy and wanting to get to those boobies ;-) lol, but seriously, i would try the mittens again for a bit hun.... see how you get on with those? Or maybe get hold of some of the sleepsuits which have the "fold over bits" on the ends of the sleeves that act like mittens? xx

Zac does this all the time, I have to cut and file his nails every few days otherwise he is lethal! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back