Scratch Mitts ;o)

K X

Reaction score
Just want to know at what age they can stop wearing them?

Tried taking Rebecca's off her today (her nails are as short as poss) but she has scratched her face and punched herself on the odd occassion! :wall: My poor baby. She is approaching 15weeks on Friday...

Awww Brody hasn't worn any for ages, I lasted about a week with them! He gets the odd scratch but nothing serious.

I took them off at about 4 weeks but she still wore them for bed for about 2 weeks after that. She still scratches herself occasionally but never as bad as when she was newborn.

I have to put alex in them sometimes in the day, always at night and always in the bath. (i use socks though as they stay on for more than 10 seconds!)

i think some babies just scratch as they explore with their hands and others do it worse. alex has dry itchy patches on his tummy which he would scratch raw if i let him. he also has a habit of scratching at his head when he is copping a strop. dont think its cos its itchy - just a bad habit!

he's 5 months now and is getting out of the habit with his head now - used to be a nightmare for it. just wish i could find a cream that works on his body as it really irritates him.

if its just the odd scratch then i'd try and let her go without and see how she goes. if she's like alex then she may need them a while longer yet :?

x

i used them for matthew all the time as he scratches at himself in a temper! he has now worked out how to take them off!! bugger!

Lol Michelle, so has Rebecca, she sits and pulls one off then 30mins later realises she still has the other one on,and pulls that one off, so I got peed off constantly putting them back on her I decided to take them off. She looks like she has been attacked by Mr Krueger!xxxx

michelle try the socks!! looks so silly but works a treat :lol:

alex's is mainly temper too - wish i cold do without them but i hat seeing his little head all scratched up :(

x

Have you tried filing their nails instead of cutting them? takes the sharp edges off :)

might try that kim! oproblem with alex is he is always on the go and its so hard to do his nails as he wont hold still!

i have to do it during a feed but even then it takes about 20mins as he is even a fidget when feeding!

he's usually ok for about a week after i cut them but then they get long enough to scratch but not long enough to cut - so maybe filing is the answer.

xx

we cut them down when he naps but within days they are long again i wish mine would grow that quick!!!

Ella never really wore them only when we went out in the cold, she didnt like them and I think babies should be able to explore with their hands.

Hi

Never been able to use them Kiara wont keep them on long enough .
She scartches her face more now then when she was newborn.
I file , and cut nothing works oh well.
Katrina

I'd like her to explore with her hands too :wink: but not explore ripping her face apart! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back