Anyone heard of Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP)?

Tan

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone has heard of Pelvic Girdle Pain and if they have do they have any advice that may help alleviate it?

I tried mentioning my pain to my MW and she said it was Sciatica but i've been researching it on the net and I think I actually have the above as the pain is in the back and pelvis not pins and needles etc and my symptoms are exactly as described.

It has been on and off since I was about 7 weeks (i'm only 13 wks now) but i've been suffering now for about the last 8 hours and can hardly move or walk. I'm feeling like i'm about 95 years old! I had it a little first time round but not until about 20 weeks and its a lot worse and earlier this time.

Just thought i'd post in this forum incase people had come across it throughout their pregnancy.

Tan x

Hi Sami,

I don't think so as SPD affects the front of the pelvis with pain in the front and groin. It is similar but this affects the back.

It's eased of a little today after a bad nights sleep but is still sore.

Tan x

You are a god- send!!!!!

It matched exactly what I have been suffering from for sooooooooooo long!!!
The worse part for me is probably turning in bed, as it makes me scream everytime I do it, and obviously it wakes my husband up!!!!!

I see my m idwife on Tuesday, I am definitely going to tell her about it!
It might be a bit late for me now, but I think she should know so that she can help other women!!!
It is so bad! even walking is horrible! in school (I am a teacher), people used to tell me I walk like a penguin!!!!!!!!!! nice, isn't it! :?

Thanks a lot for sharing your findings, it makes so much more sense now!

take care and I hope you feel better, despite your sleepless nights!
Mel xx

in the last week or two i've been getting this sharp very localised pain just above my right buttock when i do certain movements. after seeing this thread i looked up PGP and after reading this http://www.babycentre.co.uk/refcap/564618.html i think it could be a mild version of PGP that i have. either that or a nerve is trapped somewhere. there were a couple of things in that article which are spot on for me though. weird that no one has mentioned this condition before!

Glad I could be of help melhoney and petchy.

I had found that link too but just wanted to check if there were any other remedies around! I still don't know for certain this is what I have but i'm pretty sure it is. I am also a teacher and have found work is getting to be a nightmare - can't sit too long or stand!!

I think i'm going to mention it to my MW but am worried she might think i'm being a hypochondriac or something! She's quite nice though so it might be ok. I'll post again if she tells me anymore and would be grateful if any of you could do the same if mentioning it!

Thanks!!

Tan x

ive been suffering with a lot of pain in my hips and back which my doctor has said is my sciatica which i have suffered with for about a year now but it doesnt feel the same as before when my sciatica plays up it affects my legs this hip and back pain does not its affecting the way i walk it seems i waddle already and im in agony if itry to change position in bed in the night or anything like that anybody have any ideas or could it just be sciatica like the doc said i dont think its that spd thing as have no groin pain and apparently that hurts when open legs too far etc which mine is ok mines mainly in hips and lower back any advise would be great thanks xxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back