Scared to inject myself

SugaryIris

Reaction score
So I had my appointment at the clinic today, they can’t reduce my clomid anymore so they are scrapping altogether and didn’t want to do letrozole for the same reason.

So now I have to inject my with a fillotropin alfa called Gonal-f. Which the doctor said is the hormone FSH. Apparently it’s a lot more controllable than clomid so hopefully I won’t overstimulate this time but it means a lot more scans.

I can’t seem to find much about it, has anyone tried it? Had any successes?

Also, how do you get over the fear of injecting yourself?

Where in the middle of ivf cycle and this was my biggest fear honestly it has been easy and not painful the first one took me ages to do as kept getting near and darent do it but it is absolutely fine I’m taking Bemfola which is similar to gonal f and had no issues or side effects x

Thanks Hun, yeh I’m not sure how I’ll get the courage to do the first one, no matter how many times I practiced with the fake tummy it just felt weird an unnatural!

Glad I’m not the only one!

Hey sugary, I’m doing daily injections throughout my pregnancy and at first i was a bit panicky but you really do get used to it after a bit. It’s just become routine now and something I need to do as part of getting ready in the morning. Xx

Would your partner be up for doing it? Hubby used to do mine, so it was just like having it done by a nurse or medical professional, which I found easier than doing it myself! Xx

Would your partner be up for doing it? Hubby used to do mine, so it was just like having it done by a nurse or medical professional, which I found easier than doing it myself! Xx

Hubby is absolutely terrified of needles, he faints at the sight, he’s never even had to have a blood test, I really hope this works to get us pregnant as if we need ivf he’ll need blood tests etc and it will be really hard for him

As the others have said, the thought of it is worse than the reality. I had to self inject for 10 days after having little man and really it was fine. There's no way my OH would have managed either! It feels a bit strange the first few times but it really is fine. The needles are so fine that it really isn't painful. You'll be fine!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back