scans???

Rnicholls

Reaction score
hello guys, just want to know what you all think,
i am abit confused, apparently i wont be even seeing my first midwife untill 12 weeks, i am 8 weeks and not had a scan or anything yet, some people are saying first scan is at 12 weeks and some are saying 8 weeks, i feel like 12 weeks is a long time to wait to make sure everything is ok,? xxx

The details are dependent on where you live
but generally you see your midwife early on (8weeks ish)
then you have your dating scan at 12 weeks
Then another midwife appointment at 16 weeks
then a scan at 20 weeks

And after that a cant remember lol

Some people have early scans due to complications or previous mc, but most don't

Hope that helps a bit

ok fanks, yeh your surposed to see a midwife befor your first scan, and iv been told by hospital i wont even see anyone untill around 12 weeks!! x

I wont see a midwife until im 12 weeks either , its standard in Ireland . It was the same when I was pregnant last time , i was told if I was worried or felt ill something was wrong to go to my gp .

Hi, I had the same concern chick. Some Hospitals will do an early scan for those who are worried; they are called reassurance scans, I had one recently and found I was further gone than first thought. I would advise you ring around some hospitals local-ish to yourself and see whether they provide an early scan service; if not then you may have to pay privately, but I would ring around some local hospitals first and maybe speak with your GPP. I think 12 weeks is a long time to have to wait... hope this helps. Good luck xx

Yeah that sounds normal hun - I know it's weird but they basically like to leave you alone as much as possible for the first 12 weeks! I saw midwife at 10 weeks, scan at 12 weeks, then nothing till 20 week scan, then have another midwife appt at 22 weeks - and things pick up a bit after that.....it does vary from area to area and they can do earlier scans but really only if you are having a problem or have a history of problems xx

I am 13 weeks today and I have still not seen a midwife even though I went to the docs at 5 weeks! They said to wait for a letter which I got last week. It says I am to have a midwife appointment at my hospital but no mention of my scan :cry:
I know how you feel cos I think its too long too :(

We have decided we are going to go private and pay for an early scan around 6 weeks which will be in around 3 weeks time for me. Then have the 12 week scan.

i saw the midwife first time at about 9-10 weeks then i had my 12 week scan. I have another midwife app next week when im about 17 weeks then i have my 20 weeks scan. Its pretty much the same everywhere just minor differences - it is annoying that you dont seem to get much attention until later on in pregnancy lol!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back