Scan today:)

millie15

Reaction score
Had my private scan today and it was worth every penny for the reassurance!

Everything was normal - LO was very active, boinging around (I had just had a packet of fruit gums - s/he was probably on a sugar high!!). I was still so worried I said "Does it have a heartbeat??!!" and the sonographer turned and said "They don't tend to jump around like that if they haven't got a heartbeat!!" Doh. Silly me. But we got to hear the heartbeat too. And they thought I was spot on with dates (11w1d).

Finally have a date for my NHS scan but not for another 2 weeks. Hopefully I'll not start worrying about that one next!!

I'll try and post a pic tomorrow. My camera has broken so going to ask sis if she'll take one with hers when I see her later.

Yay :cheer:

ohhh thats so exciting!! im so glad you saw everything you wanted :) congrats! :cheer: :cheer:

awwww thats sooo cute. glad everything went well for you hun! :hug: we dont get scans here till 18 weeks :( so im waiting.. and waiting... im actually not too anoyed, aslong as i have my doppler i can hang in there :)

thanks guys

babyandi - that sucks!! hang in there!! let us know how the doppler goes.

awe how lovely its very exciting to see it isnt it! :dance:

aw thats very sweet! glad your LO is being so active!! :)

babyandi - thats a real shame you don't get it til 18 weeks? how come?

aw congratulations!!

A word of advice, dont tell the NHS you had a scan privately, its so wrong but they could stop you from having one since you already know LO is doing well.
It wouldnt be the first time.

:hug: Lovely, Oli did that when she was a little bean, was lovely to see, makes it feel much more real :hug:

.Christina. said:
aw thats very sweet! glad your LO is being so active!! :)

babyandi - thats a real shame you don't get it til 18 weeks? how come?

Im not to sure hun.. just the way they do it i guess, but besause im not in England i dont go through the NHS and because im not a canadian citizen, i dont go through their healthcare either, i have my own private midwife (shes deleivering my bubs) she books my bloods, tests and scans ect herself and i just pay $65 for my scans which is actually about £32 and can ask for one whenever id like really but they like to do it at 18 weeks i was told. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back