Anyone's baby not move much in first scan?

nicdean

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I have just registered on here as im quite worried. I had a scan at 11+3 and the sonographer said the baby must be resting as it wasnt moving at all. The heartbeat was fine but im still worried. Also my friend had her scan today at 11+1 and her baby was moving about all over the screen she said.

Is it normal for the baby to be like this?

Thanks
Nic

Hi chick, I have to say mine was doing little muscle spasms like a little alien, but if the sonographer said everything is fine then I'd assume it is. They would certainly let you know if something looked wrong.

If you don't feel comfortable with it, ask your midwife to try and get you in for another scan. Dependant on where you live depends how co-operative hospitals are with this! In your next scan, try sugary foods beforehand - that might wake the baby up a bit :)

I'm sure everything is fine as they found a heartbeat, but I'm not one to say. If mine hadn't been moving I would have felt the same way as you. I'd suggest calling your early pregnancy unit, midwife, or hospital and seeing if they can get you in for another scan. x

Baby was probably just having a little nap. Try not to worry

xxx

they would def of told u if there was any need to be worried but i can see why u would be. call ur midwife to put ur mind at rest. :hug:

hey nic,
When i was preg with my little girl at our 12 week scan she totally refused to moved. I coughed, jiggled my bum and then eventually got told to get up and walk around the room. Even after all that she still only moved a little bit,but she was fine, just being lazy :lol: . Dont worry im sure they would have let you know if anything was wrong, and the fact that your babies heart was beating perfectly shows that. :hug: :D

Dont worry !!!! My LO didnt move one bit and I think I was 11 + 2 the day of the scan. The sonographer was poking my belly with the scanner thing and everything but she just sort of floated there! She is 8 months old now so like I say, its fine! :)

Thanks for the reassurance girls.

I got to be honest the sonographer we had was a right witch and literally showed us the screen for about 10 seconds so perhaps the baby moved when we couldnt see it.

Im sure im worrying over nothing as usual :)

Thanks again
Nic

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back