Scan not until 23 weeks grrr...

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
Grrr everyone else is having their scans around 20 weeks etc and I have to wait until im 23 bloomin weeks.

Don't get me wrong im soooo grateful as I know some people will have only one scan or may not be able to have sexing scan.

Guess im just such an impatient person. So any ideas on how to bide the time until then would be most appreciated :)

Before anyone suggests paying for a scan OH says its not really worth it and i can see his point but why does my hospital have to wait til bloomin 23 weeks grrr :wall:

Just a mild rant lol!

:hug: I feel so sorry for you having to wait that long for it. Is it because they are really full? Mabey you could call the hospital and see if they have any cancellations or something?xx

Steelgoddess said:
Before anyone suggests paying for a scan OH says its not really worth it and i can see his point but why does my hospital have to wait til bloomin 23 weeks grrr :wall:

Why don't you grin and bear it for the next 3 weeks and then have a 4D scan to treat yourself for being so patient :wink: :lol:

They DO cost quite a bit- but they are SOOO worth it. I'd rather pay for a 4D scan than just a regular ultrasound and the prices aren't that different :think:

:hug:

I would arrange to have things to look forward to for the 4 weekends you have left to wait that way you have other things to look forward to before the scan and the time will pass quicker - can you tell that I am really impatient too and wish my life away :wink:

I wish my 4D scan would hurry up and get here - In the meantime I have got a friends wedding do (which will prob be a nightmare but it's something!!) Jacob's 2nd Birthday then the scan - I just need to find other things to add to my list :D

I'm sure the time will fly by for you hun :D

Xxx

Hey hun, your not on your own... I have my first scan at 15 weeks and I knew how far gone I was and then my second scan isnt till nearly 22 weeks... but know it will be defo worth the wait and baby will have grown so much xxx :D

i didnt get my second scan untill 22 weeks and 3 days. and they changed the time of the appointment 3 times! boy did that piss me off! :wall:

:hug: It will be worth the wait.

I don't have mine until 21 weeks, it was the same last time too.

Defo booking a 4D scan for around 27/28 weeks as well.

The difference between the scans I had at 20+2 and 30+2 was immense! It will be really frustrating having the extra wait but you'll have a far more exciting scan! LO will be even more baby looking and developed :hug:

You are going to have so really clear pictures of your bubs, Sharne :cheer: I know it is frustrating to wait though :hug:

My 20 week scan isn't until I'm 21 weeks and I can't wait :D

Thanks girls your replies have made me feel tonnes better, you're right about the 4d scan that IS a good idea can anyone reccomend somewhere in london that was good?

You're also right I will see more at 23 weeks.

I feel so grateful especially after hearing a few of you didnt get scans until quite late in your pregnancy.

Ok whinging over time to get excited and do a countdown until my scan yah!!

:hug: :cheer:

Oh hun, I had exactly the same thing- mine was at 22+5 and I made a similar post. It's just not fair.

To be fair though I did get some really lovely views of baby and one of my scan pics is so clear, you can actually see the gap between the top and bottom lips. Also once you have your scan it'll only be 1 week until your 24 week milestone so you won't have to wait for that :D

Alex xxx

Steelgoddess said:
Thanks girls your replies have made me feel tonnes better, you're right about the 4d scan that IS a good idea can anyone reccomend somewhere in london that was good?

Have PMd you x

I understand. When I found out that I wasn't getting scanned again I went mental as everyone was going on about these 20 week scans. if it wasn't for the fact I had bleeding at week 19 and had to get scanned they wouldn't have known Aimee was on the small side which is why I am getting loads of scans now! I think it is ridiculous that some hospitals only scan at week 12! Anything can happen after that stage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back