Scan appointment too late?

KirstyD

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just been onto the hospital to book in my first scan, they do the Nuchal scan and dating scan at the same time.

However they don't have any appointments until 2rd September by which point i'll be into 15 weeks (i think) which they said is too late to do the Nuchal scan.

I'm not really sure what to do now?!?

My boyfriend and I weren't trying, I was on the pill and must have slipped up, however we're both over the moon with the news, a definite good surprise! But as we weren't trying i have some doubts as to my dates, i have complete memory blank as to when exactly my last period was so don't have an exact LMP, i think around the end of May. The midwife put the date as 25th May which would make me 14 weeks and 4 days on the appointment day, is this too late? It may be my LMP date is a few days to a week after this so then i may be ok but i'm just not sure and don't want to leave it too late.

I saw the doctor as soon as i'd taken a test, she then said to make an appointment with the midwife in 2 weeks time which i did and sawe her last friday, the midwife said leave ringing the hospital for a week so they have your notes, rang on friday, they didn't have my notes so wouldn't book me in, then rang today and they did have my notes which was when they told me the first available appointment wasn't until 3rd September.

My midwife is on holiday now and i will ring the office she gave me the number for advice but that's at home and just wanted some other people's opinions.

Thanks for any advice, my first baby and a little unsure of how things should work!

Cheers

Kirsty

I went to the DR when I got the positive result and he got me in for a scan with the early pregnancy unit within days.

I went to heatherwood, but the dr called, perhaps ask if you could go there or to a different hospital??

xx

Whats a Nuchal scan?

I have been midwife today and they can only fit me in for my first scan at 14 weeks!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarniReid
Back