Sam is frantic, due to 8 week jabs??? - please help!

Lisamj

Reaction score
Hi,

Sam had his 8 week jabs on Thursday and was fine during that day, however, since Friday he's been unbelievable. Literally crying non stop from 4pm - even when I try to feed him he screams and comes off the boob in what seems like pain. It's reached a peak tonight and he's been screaming the place down literally non stop since 4pm.Could this be down to the jabs - is it normal for the effect to happen after the first day and as long as this? We've tried calpol, cooled boiled water, feeding, etc etc.

Any help appreciated.

Lisa

It could be but I found that when Becky was grizzly after her first lot she was grizzly all day. Has he been colicky before? Because all our problems with colickyness were in the evening :(

Yes he does suffer form colic but this this like nothing we've ever seen before.

xx

Oh the poor luv!

Mhairi was always a little off after her jabs, but every baby is different!

Does he have a temperature? If he does, or, if your Mummy instinct is telling you something is wrong, give NHS24 a call. Just to put your mind at rest!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

The 8 week jabs are only meant to cause a possible slight temp rise and make baby a bit grizzly for a day or so. At least that is what the nurse told me when I asked her about usual side effects.

I don't know if your LO's behaviour is jab related. Any sign of a temp? If it were prolonged crying (as in constant, not just after a certain time of day) I'd be inclined to worry more. Maybe call NHS Direct? If not maybe give your HV a call in the morning and ask about side effects.

Colic often is worse early evening onwards. Have you tried a bath and tummy rubs? Giving Infacol etc.

I would call the HV and maybe take him to the GP if it continues anymore? :hug: :hug:

From what you have said that is off the sale for jabs, slight temp yeah but not what your saying. Take him to the docs. better to be safe then sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back