safe drinking and driving?

trixipaws

Reaction score
ok firstly, i'd never consider tryna do this if i was driving with waa-waa, but this will be just myself lol

im going out with some friends who i havent seen for AGES on wednesday for a few drinkypoos. original plan was to palm off waa-waa to the free-babysitters (oops, i mean my parents! :lol: ) coz we only have one working car and my boyf needs it for work, and if i went out without it i'd have to stay out coz there are no night buses on weekdays.

but, i reeeeeeeeeeeally took the piss on saturday- i'd arranged to go to my parents as my boyf was working, but i'd been up late on friday and was so tired, i got there, handed the baby over, curled up on their sofabed and woke up at 4.30pm :oops: then i ate some of their food and buggered off! :lol:
altho it wasnt my intention i feel i really used them and was selfish! and millie's there with them tonite as per usual monday-tuesday routine so i think its too cheeky to ask them to hav her another nite this week too.

so, i thought as im not a big drinker anyway (im surprisingly lightweight when it comes to alcohol for some reason!) i could maybe get away with having a few drinks early on and be able to feel tipsy, but be all ok and legal when its time to go home later (as it only takes 3 or 4 drinks- even 1 or 2 if i dont eat anything!)

what is the "rule" for drinking and blood alcohol levels? is it one unit per hour is ok but no more? thats what i thought, but does it depend on ur size too? im only wee! :lol:

I wouldnt even chance it. Not even with a few drinks. You are quite slim so i think it would stay in your system for longer.

Dont do it, its not worth it.

its easy not being funny hun but Dont drink anything and drive

oh, ok! :( tbh iv no experience of this really, as some of y'all kno alcohol wasnt my drug- i really thought there was a safe level!?! hmm, what should i do, not drink at all, or be cheeky and ask my parents to babysit?

Aw trixi please don't - especially since you've said you are suspectible (sp?) to alcohol - that's a really really bad idea. Please please get a cab home or stay with a friend.

Please please - this is such a bad idea and I care about you.

Valentine Xxx

P.S. Even though Millie won't be with you, you are still her Mum and need to stay safe.

There isn't really a legal limit for someone as small and unused to drinking as you. My Dad (16stone+) could probably get away with a pint but he's 9 stone heavier than you and that's a pint, not a vodka or something more concentrated.

Valentine Xxx

Nooo please don't do it. I'm small too and it does only take one drink and I'm gone and even worse so if you haven't been drinking when you were pregnant. :hug: Get a taxi...they are expensive but its worth it. The cost of a new car, fine or your life is far more pricey xxx

I think that is plain stupid, sorry to be so blunt but bleeding heck, if you feel tipsy from drink then you can't drive.

In fact I don't drink at all if i'm driving, not even a sip. I really don't see the point.

Get a cab, walk or don't drink or stay at home.

You could kill someone else or yourself

in my book, one drink is too much.

i don't even like OH driving after he has been our drinking the night before.

I personally never have one drink and then drive, even if its at the start of the evening. Its just never worth the risk.

Also because of your size and so on you might find that it takes far less to put you over the legal limit than it would someone twice your size. There is no hard and fast limit that is the same for everyone. And alcohol does not wash through your system in a few hours. Some people drink the night before, go home, sleep and get up and drive to work at 8am and are still well over the legal limit and are breaking the law and risking lives. Its just ignorant of them to think they have it out of their system.

If you drink and drive you risk not only your life, but others. And if you were to have an accident or injure someone it would be a probable prosecution and prison sentence. Its never worth it.

Bottom line the only safe drink drive limit is no alcohol at all.

ok firstly, i'd never consider tryna do this if i was driving with waa-waa, but this will be just myself lol

I know you don't mean it this way trixi but.... so you wouldn't risk your kid but you would risk mine if we were in the car you hit going the other way... :think: see what I mean....

alcohol is unpredictable - never drink and drive - even if you think you are safe. :hug:

I wouldnt trixie, your so tiny my lovely it would go straight through you, dont take the chance babes, your far too lovely to do that.

No drinks - take a cab sweetie :hug:

trixipaws said:
oh, ok! :( tbh iv no experience of this really, as some of y'all kno alcohol wasnt my drug- i really thought there was a safe level!?! hmm, what should i do, not drink at all, or be cheeky and ask my parents to babysit?

Be cheeky and ask!!
I'm sure they would rather you be safe and lets be honest its not like you go out every night/weekend, they prob won't mind hun :) It will do you good to go out, let your hair down and spend some time with your friends and not have to worry about waa-waa (for a few hours at least!). I would ask.............they can only say no. If not then take a cab.

..........and I agree with everyone else, its best not to drink at all and drive.

dont risk it for a biscuit lass.

you could kill yourself or kill someone else or even someone elses waa-waa.

ask your parents xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back