• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rusks!

D_ball

Reaction score
Henry has been on solids for about a month now, loves all his fruit and veg. He's now on 3 meals a day due to his bad reflux and he seems much happier :)
He's now 5 months and desperate to try feeding himself, he's always watching his brother and my oh as they chew on what ever so I've been desperate to try him on something. So this morning I have just given him a bit of rusk! Something I wouldn't probably normally do as I don't think they're the healthiest, but he grabbed it, rammed it in his mouth and started to munch down on it!
Then it suddenly dawned on me that he was biting off small lumps, well I just freaked and thought 'what are you doing! He might choke' so I took it off him! (nasty mummy!) well he then screamed the house down :(
what would you have done? Given it to him? He did seem to be chewing! Is there anything else I could try him on, he's desperate to hold something, normally his spoon which means his carrot goes everywhere!

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk sorry for any typos!!

I did the same thing yesterday! I'm so scared of her choking. I'm using a nuby food bag which can hold fruit and biscuits and baby can suck the bag. They get the fun of food but no lumps.

My DH keeps telling me to relax and she will be fine but I'm terrified :(

Emma x

Rusks dissolve in their mouths so i dont think they'd be a problem!!

I gave Charley a rusk last week and he had no problem's eating it, the only problem was he kept dropping it so he was getting annoyed!
Like Tinkerbell said, they desolve so should be ok but keep an eye on him x.

What about bickie pegs? I know my sister gave her daughter a baby 'cookie' and she choked on it (went blue - horrendous!) and after that she gives her bickie pegs because theyre more robust and don't break off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back