spoon feeding

bobkat

Reaction score
hi,

been giving freddie some baby porridge and mushed up fruit and veg the past couple of weeks and he's loving it.

he keeps grabbing the spoon though so I have to literally yank it out of his hand. i tried (perhaps stupidly) giving him another one of his spoons to hold but he then went and rammed it in his mouth and down his throat which is obviously not a good thing so i abandoned that.

can anyone recommend some finger food that he can hold on to and then chew on in between spoon fulls. he's only 5 months and i'm worried about choking - if I steamed some carrot sticks would they be soft enough?? what do you reckon.

he'll prob keep grabbing the spoon anyway, i don't mind him doing that I just don't like having to snatch it off him, seems a bit negative iykwim

Carrot sticks should be fine, just make sure you watch him so he doesn't choke, how about broccoli, he can suck on it but it's probably a bit big to get the whole thing in his mouth? X

I bought a Nuby food holder, it's a mesh bag that baby can hold on to and suck the food through the mesh. Isla is 4 months and loves it already. Asda do their own version for £2.50 but I'm no where near a big Asda.

I might investigate that food bag and some rusks.

Everywhere I look there's different advice on weaning, feel like I'm making it up as I go along.

I might investigate that food bag and some rusks.

Everywhere I look there's different advice on weaning, feel like I'm making it up as I go along.

That's what I'm doing!! Xx

glad im not the only one making it up as i go!! i think im going to start on giving h lunch next week too!

has anyone given their baby pureed food with meat in it? as i made a cottage pie and was debating whether to blend some for h?!

not sure how old your LO is tinkerbell and I'm not really sure myself but I was going to wait until at least 6 months before meat - I don't think it purees as smoothly as fruit and veg

He's 5 months and I was going to wait till 6 months but wondered what everyone else has done!
H loves 'helping' when feeding - very messy and very annoying at times!

I've given charley corn beef hash puréed and he loved it but got told after their not meant to have meat until 6 months!

I've given charley corn beef hash puréed and he loved it but got told after their not meant to have meat until 6 months!

lol i gave marley some pureed meat (without realising i should wait 6months) too!!!! did him no harm. he loved it. (we seem to be the rebel mums lol) what i dont get is the jarred foods that say from 4months are all like cottage pie, pork casserole etc etc?! surely fresh real meat is better?!

That was my thinking amy j!!!! We ended up staying for dinner at oh's aunts and had no food for h so he went to the shop and he got grandpas sunday lunch (was all they had) and H hated it and refused to eat it. I'm not surprised it smelt disgusting! So he ended up with a rusk for dinner!

That was my thinking amy j!!!! We ended up staying for dinner at oh's aunts and had no food for h so he went to the shop and he got grandpas sunday lunch (was all they had) and H hated it and refused to eat it. I'm not surprised it smelt disgusting! So he ended up with a rusk for dinner!

exactly!!! if they can have meat in a jar why not proper meat cooked in a better way?! all this stuff confuses me theres soooo much conflicting information!!!! my mum said i was eating meat (real home made meat not jarred) at 5months and i was-i am fine!!!

I was having this exact same convo with my neighbour earlier about jar's having meat in them so why can't we use real fresh meat!!!

i had never thought of that ( the meat thing)!! so confusing .........you could give rice cakes as finger food as well!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back