Room For A Little Un??

petal75

Reaction score
Hi

I've just got my BFP today so here I am :D . This was our 7th month of trying and I'm so excited but scared at the same time :shock: .

It really hasn't sunk in yet and I'm dying to pick up the phone to my Mum but DH wants us to wait for a while.

Any advice and help whilst I'm here will be gratefully received!!

Hi Petal! Congratulations on your BFP! :D Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

Was there anything specific you wanted advice and help on? :D

My mind is just swimming with all of the info at the moment. Here's a quick question for you - how long did you wait before telling anybody? I'm so excited I don't know how long I will last before I will crack :lol:

Congratualtions!!! :D I couldnt hold it in so i told everyone stright away. altho once ure mum knows the whole world seems to know by the end of the day! :D

wohooooo :cheer:

brilliant news..
congratulations and welcome, heres to a happy 9 months! :hug:

Welcome!!! Congratulatons on ur BFP!!

We told our close famly straight away and my best mate! Then we told friends at various times after that!! I was 12 weeks on Sunday and the only people that dont know are the people I work with now!!!

Have fun telling people and treasure it! It is so good!!!

:cheer: :cheer: congratulations hun. Wishing you a healthy and happy 9months :D

x

Congratulations!

My parents found out a week after we knew as i was rushed into hospital so we thought it was only fair to tell DH parents. His sister also got told as she can't have children and i didn't want her to hear it from someone else. My DH was so excited that he told most people. I only told my best friend and my bosses at work although during a fag break eveyone found out! (don't get me started on that again!)

Think everyone pretty much knows now - i look at it this way if something happens i would rather people know so i can get the support.

Thanks for all the replies ladies :D . It's starting to feel a little bit more real this morning although Dh is still insisting that we keep it to ourselves for now. I will be in week 12 by christmas so I suppose I would be nice to tell our families then.

Congratulations :cheer: Wonderful news for you :)

We told our parents as soon as we found out, and a couple of close friends and my boss (I'm a nanny and she needed to know). Everyone else we waited till 12 weeks.

A good friend said to me her measure had been, would she be able to tell these people in person should she miscarry in those early weeks. It came down to close family and friends yes, others no. I thought about it and felt the same. I didn't want to tell *everyone* just in case something went wrong and I then had to explain. It'd have been hard enough just telling those I love, let alone work colleagues and friends. I found it a good yardstick to measure whom to tell.

Hi Petal!!! :wave: It's a bit scary isn't it. Sherlock gave great advice. Saturday we told our closest friends who knew we were TTC and have been with us through thick and thin over the last year.

Told my mum last night. Everything seemed so much better once I told her. She drives me mad but I need her now more than ever. My Dad and brother were thrilled! Not told DH parents yet, as his Dad's view is if you tell me I will tell everyone so I'd rather not know.

That's it for now until the 12 week hurdle. If it does go wrong I'll have my support network, without having to explain to everyone.

We're quite close time wise will be nice to have someone to go through all this with!! Has the heartburn or sickness started yet?
:puke:

Hello and welcome aboard, it's great to have you hear. I told my parents pretty much straight away but haven't told all of our families and friends yet. Some know, some don't it sort of slipped out to some over time.

I can't wait to make it to 12 weeks and announce it to the world. They should call this trimaester the secret trimester rather than first :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back