Rib Pain

Rosieroo

Reaction score
Anyone else suffering?

Feeling very uncomfortable. It's only down one side though, my right hand side.

its most common on the right hand side. i suffered so bad having such a big baby and only being 5' 2... she really stuck her bum right up under my ribs and god when i sat down she raised higher it bloody hurt lol so glad bump has dropped now.

I have the same thing happen to me on my right side, it can be very unconfortable. I live for 100% Virgin Olive Oil, so when I get any pain I rub it in the area. It's great not only good for as a light massage for the baby, but it's great for the skin too. I use it in the shower as it is much better than those creams which coat your skin.

I sware by it!!! I also have a shower before bed and it feels great for sleeping.

Hope it helps you out.

Tineke

Thanks Tineke, I'll give it a go. I'm knackered this morning as it was very difficult to get comfy in bed last night. Don't feel that DH understands how uncomfortable being pregnant makes you feel sometimes. At the moment it feels like I have a lifetime to wait until I am full term :(

Hi, I have been having the pains under my ribs for about 4 weeks now. I was sure it couldnt be the baby yet as he is still small. I find I can't sit, lie stand or blinking anything when it starts.... i spoke to the m/w at the hospital she did a full examination and said everything was ok and not to worry...but it hurts!!!
No one tells you about these things before hand do they????
They just tell you the nice stuff like when he kicks and how content your supposed to feel and all that...not that it hurts and thats before THE day!!!
Know how your feeling :? It must get better!!! Here to hanging in there :D

They just tell you the nice stuff like when he kicks and how content your supposed to feel and all that...not that it hurts and thats before THE day!!!

Exactly - they're conning us!! ;)

It's not so bad today, it's in the evenings and at night that it's worst. Really hard to get comfy, been making DH rub my side and back for aaaaages. Well it's 50% his fault that I'm hurting, so he can do his bit!! ;)

It's really hurting again :cry: And my left hip at the back is hurting when I walk. Feel like OAP.

So long left :(

I think the baby is giving us this grief now so that when he/she comes along they can be little angels...sleep all night, no very smell bums!!, and generally well behaved. You see they are making us suffer now so we don't have to later!! It all makes sense really!!!Honest. :lol: (obviously first baby and I havent a clue what I am talking about but thinking this keeps me sane)

:lol: Either that or she's preparing me for being a pain in the ass!!!!

I prefer your chain of thought though ;)

I am only 19 weeks, but I feel exactly the same!!!! walking and sleeping is soooooooo painful, rib on the right side, and hip on the left!
what a balance!!!!!!!!! :?

I saw my physio yesterday and they gave me a hip brace....no comfortable at all, as it pushes my bump in, and not the most beautiful either!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Mel xx

I'm knackered this morning as it was very difficult to get comfy in bed last night. Don't feel that DH understands how uncomfortable being pregnant makes you feel sometimes.

Same here!!! I am experiencing back pains in the right hand side at night and all I keep doing is trying to find a comfy position to sleep, even when I am asleep. But this wakes my b/f up and is not happy about it, he says that he is annoyed with me turning round all the time. Well, he can carry the baby and see if he still says the same thing!!! :wink:

I've been keeping DH awake aswell as I can't get comfortable. Had another rubbish nights sleep last night. The pain in my bottomy part has got worse aswell, it made me cry out earlier when I was sat on the floor and I turned, it's really painful. It's right by my bum cheek on the left hand side, it hurts :(

Hi girls,
mee too. I have the pain on the right hand side - under my ribs at the front and directly the same spot on my back. It's really painful and can't concentrate in work! It only happens during the day but during the night I am up peeing all night so that keeps me awake. But all the same I am as happy as I can be as everyday is a day closer to me holding my little baby boy.
sx

I've just got back from the docs about this.
She said that my bump isn't yet big enough t push on them but the hormone which has given me SPD (relaxin - its softens your catilidge) has also softened my ribs and I should expect it to carry on.
Baby shouldn't hit your ribs too much till about 36 weeks she said, and I'm 5ft4".
She said warm baths or ice packs are the best to keep things happier, and painkillers when you need them.

HTH xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back