Return to work interview after mc

Gill09876

Reaction score
Hi

I work in civil service and have had two weeks off sick work following long natural mc. Do you think I will need a return to work interview under the sad circumstances? I'm hoping I don't have to as I will get upset and don't want red eyes at work and feel a bit embarrassed when I cry, it's something I prefer to do at home.

Thanks

gill

Hi, I too work for the civil service & sadly I had to have one at the time but as my boss knew hecwas extremely compassionate and it didn't take long. I said i didn't want to get upset by talking about it & I felt ready to be back in work.

To be honest everyone was lovely & I'm lucky enough that no one would ask. I didn't like people knowing but as I was pulled from my normal work it was very obvious what had happened. I just felt I had to accept it and take a deep breath and was prepared if anyone did speak to me but no one did.

The hardest thing for me wasn't going back it was a few months later I felt down and stressed in work but things picked up again.

I hope everything goes ok for you & feel free to pm me if you need to talk xx

I had to have one too, but they were very good and I didn't go into too much detail and was in and out in 5 mins.xx

It's just breaking the ice isn't it. Once I have the first day out of the way I will feel a bit better x

they will have to discuss it briefly hun, i was off for 4 weeks after mine and it was so horrid to go back, but after the first day i felt much better

I'm dreading having to have a back to work interview when I return. I have been off for 2weeks so far, had a D&C yesterday and have been signed off for this week coming so I will have had 3weeks off in total. The way I am feeling, if anyone says the wrong thing to me I am likely to punch them in the face and tell them they can stuff their job :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back