Retained placenta ???????

-Betty-

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help me? I went to the doctors because i have been feeling really poorly, dizzy, nausea,hot sweats and bad tummy pains. Gp said it may be an infection after the C section i had 9 weeks ago so has given me anti biotics. Said if i dont feel better in a few days to go back as i may have retained some of the placenta. It's been four days, i feel just as bad.. Am goimg back on Monday to Gp. Has anyone ever retained placenta and not had it picked up for a while.......... :cry: :puke:

it was queried with me after i gave birth as i bleed for 9 weeks....I was told even if it is there it is usally reabsorbed after birth ..i was also told they wouldn't want to rush and do anything as i was b/feeding and it would require a general anathetic.

hope you feel better soon

I had this. Passed first lump when I was a week post natal and a midwife checked it and confirmed it was placenta. Was about the size of a 50p in diameter. She told me if I lost any more I would need to go straight to the labour ward :?

My bleeding continued to be pretty heavy and was still going at almost 4 weeks after the birth, then I passed a lump the size of an egg! :shock: Rang my doctor and he said that I shouldn't be bleeding so much 4 weeks on and to see how I went over the weekend then asked me to attend the surgery on Monday if I continued to bleed heavily. Almost as soon as I passed it, the bleeding stopped, so I think it was the retained piece causing me to continue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back