Restless Leg syndrome

bobkat

Reaction score
Does anyone else get this? It's only today that I read somewhere that it is brought on by the increase in oestrogen in your body. I did get it before I was pregnant but not as much as this. Literally it has been constant every night for the past week - it only comes on when I go to bed and want to go to sleep:wall2::wall2::wall2::wall2:
I was in tears last night cos I was so tired:nap: but could not relax because of this bloody leg thing:shock:.
Does anyone get it and have and tricks on how to stop it - i've tried massage, i've tried getting up and walking around a bit.
I'm getting worried that it won't stop and will really irritate me during labour when I'm trying to relax and do my hypnobirthing visualisations.

I think this is my first official moan of third tri by the way - go me!!

I get it really bad too, it's definitely worse if I'm tired though and the only thing I find helpful is an afternoon nap so I'm not too tired in the evenings. Other than that it helps a little in the short term to walk around for a bit but really there doesn't seem to be much to be done about it!

Thanks, I thought I was going mad! - well I probably am but this makes me feel a lot better!

When my sister was pregnant with the twins she swore by tonic water! I've read that on Google too but I can't stand it so I've yet to find a cure myself!

Yup and if you really try to ignore it, it turns into cramp!

Yes I get it, it's horrible. I did read somewhere that you should drink any caffeine after 3pm as this can make it worse. Just another thing we have to put up with :( xx

I get this and have done throughout the pregnancy, not had anything to stop it, it's horrible even got it now! grrr worse when you try to sleep though!

Oh no! I used to get this and i hated it. It was the reason i couldnt sleep in the end!
I paid 13 pound for some magnesium spray from holland and barretts cos i was at my wits end - cant tell you if it worked though cos i went into labour before i got chance to use it!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back