Renal Pelvic Dilation...anyone got any info??

lloydy

Reaction score
Hello All
At my 20 week scan I was told that my baby has a left dilated renal pelvic which as it was described to me was the tube which connects the kidney to the bladder was slightly dilated which could be caused by some sort of blockage. Anyway i was told not to worry and id be rescanned at 28 weeks to check on it.
So ive been for my 28 weeks scan and its now dilated even more, the measurement is 8.2mm. Ive still been told not to worry because they will probably give the baby antibiotics when he's born and that should clear it up but this still doesnt stop my mind from racing. Ive also been researching it on the internet and have read that it can be a soft marker for Downs Syndrome which has really panicked me. Has anybody else had any experience of this? Ive been told time and time again that its really common but ive never heard of it before!!

Hi lloydy, sorry I'm not much help, I've not heard of this before but wanted to bump this incase anyone who knows more missed it. I hope it turns out ok an like they say antibiotics sort it out, but can totally understand u must still be worried, I would be the same. Hopefully someone who knows more can offer better advice xxxx

Hiya thanks for your reply. Im starting to panic a bit now becasue im thining it cant be as common as the hospital are trying to tell me, nobody seems to have heard of it!

I noticed u posted in the pregnancy chat area too... There's been a few more replies over there, I noticed a lady called Laura_C has written a reply and says her daughter has/had this. Maybe have a read... Xxx

my son had it when he was born, he's now a healthy happy 3 and a half year old. They will give your baby antibiotics when it's born and then scan every couple of months to check on progress, if it goes down and so on. It really is nothing to worry about and as I say, my son has had no problems because of this.

I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry, I'm sure you'r bubba will come out just fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back