Remembering your baby

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi all, this may be too sensitive a question- I'm really sorry if it is....

How have you decided to remember your angel babys ?

I have now decided to buy a special rose , with a nice name, (that way I can take it with me if I move) and make a border with plants all with suitable names, like babys breath and forget me nots etc..

I am not normally gooey and girly about things like this, but if affected me so just feels right.

I am not ready to actually go to choose the rose yet, I will leave it a few months , I don't want to end up crying in the garden centre, I will choose it with my OH one day.

:petal:

That sound like a really nice idea. After the birth of our first daughter (Rosie) my hubby had a tattoo of a Red Rose done over his heart, after our miscarriage he added another rose but upside down and not coloured in to it to symbolize our loss.

I've got a Chamilia bracelet (one of those charm ones) and am going to buy an angel to go onto it xxx

I've bought a rose, a type called Peace, and when the weather is nicer we're all going to plant it in the garden

I've not gotten anything physical but I did make a GoneTooSoon page.
I will be getting tattoos though. x

i had my first mc on xmas day so this xmas were going to buy some thing special to go on the tree and my second was day after valentines day so me and boyfriend will do some thing special next valentines day xxx

Last edited:
Oh hayels, what awful times to m/c.
Lovely commemorative ideas though x

i know just my luck but atleast there days i will never forget. (am sure i wouldnt any way) xx

A rose is a lovely idea, but what if it dies? I'd be really upset all over again if that happened. I found a nice little website that engraves pebbles, and had one made for my bridesmaid last year. They are good gifts for special occasions or remembrance. (pebbletree.co.uk - I dont work for them, I just thought they were really good, I'm sure there are lots of others that do the same thing) Maybe something like that tucked behind a rose would be a good idea just in case the plant dies?

I won't be doing anything as a physical reminder, I dont want to see something that is going to upset me everyday. Its in my head and thats enough for me. I'm thinking that my baby will be the one that is born in the future, and the miscarriage was that little soul not making it first time - hopefully they will make it second time round. I know that doesn't really make sense, but its helping me feel better.

i had a miscarriage at 7+weeks....

i already have my sons name tattoo'd on me, ive now got a star on it to symbolize my loss.
But i now wear a set of ladies dog tags
One tag says "always in my heart
and the other says "Baby Bean 09/03/2008"

plus i have my scan pic of him/her framed and in my bedroom, my son sometimes asks if its him, i just say yes because hes too young to understand, i have his scan photo next to it too, he thinks they are both him lol

maybe its weird for some people, but its just the way i deal with it xx

Ahh girls - you have some great ideas here,Tattoos, dog tags, Pebbles, Charm Bracelets, roses

Yes I was a little worried about a plant dying, but I think I would be choosing it with a set name, so I could get another one the same worst case I don't think I would mind too badley then as its the gesture not the actual one thats special.

Hayel, what about those lovely personalised baubles you can get made or maybee the star for your tree, or a hanging angel

The only other thing I have seen is lovely a miscaridge pendant , looks just right for an first trimester miscarridge
http://www.miscarriagememories.com/servlet/StoreFront

Lillie - Any way you want to remember is the right way for you (I do understand what you mean with your little soul being a part of the new baby to be)

I love poetry and wrote about this in a soppy moment at the weekend.. maybee this will help someone on here too

Always with me

I have a feeling you’re an Angel now
How great a chance to be,
A helping thought in my every day,
Tiny wings to wrap around me.

Your not alone, I know this now,
It was hard for me at first.
It was my defence, a mother’s shield,
Against the loss I nursed.

You’ve left my body and my world,
I’m sorry how your life unfurled.
I rest assured your happy now,
At peace amongst the clouds

I’ve loved you from that moment,
I know I always will
But I’m gifted that they’ll always be,
A little piece of you in me,
And my next pregnancy.

Lillie, I'm going to order a pebble. Thank you. x

Lovely ideas girls :hug:

I haven't really dealt with my miscarriage yet, even though it was almost 7 years ago now. Hopefully one day I'll be able to do something like this.

I found this beautiful poem when I was looking at memorial jewelry on http://www.labelledame.com/miscarriage-infant-loss.html It made me cry!

Forget me not

My little one
You have left us too soon
Though my body can no longer hold you
I hold you forever in my heart
As precious and beautiful as this flower caught in time
A mother's love does not forget

ahh that's a lovely poem Ellie X

i have a few things i have a stone from the beach i tore up my mw notes and scattered them in see and took a stone home with me i also have a big glow star next to my bed so i see it just befor going to sleep reminds me everynight to say goodnight to my little angel and i also have a angel tattoo

ahh wow great ideas SL

I don't have my notes, they have gone too. I was booked in for the D&C at one hospital , so she said they keep the notes ready for the dept that do the op on the next morning- and then I had emergency D&C at a different hospital in the early hours (the other one has no A&E) of the morning I was due to go in anyway!! So they have the notes, cant see they would still have them now, mind you probab;ly not healty to look at them I guess.

I've still got my notes, they're in the kitchen drawer.
We're thinking of throwing them out, but haven't got around to it yet.... x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back