Remember the Toad that lived under my wheelie bin *PICS!*

happy-chick

Reaction score
Well now theres 2, looks like a male and female as ones bigger than the other! It quite dry so I made OH pour a bucket of water under there so they have some moisture :lol:

I kinda thought maybe we should take them to a pond? What do you think?

DSC00031.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah make them a pond :cheer:

But you cant do it, you arent allowed to touch any soil...

Our 'garden' is about 1 x 2 metres lol cos we only live in a flat :lol: but OH's mum and dad have a pen with loads of land and fields next to it so maybe we should take em up there? Dunno whats best lol

prob a bucket of water with some rocks in then. they seem happy with their location so i wouldnt move them if you are happy for them to stay. they are obviously thriving :D

Aw, they are kind of cute,in an ugly way.
You could make a mini pond for them, like my dad did for our ducklings.If you get one of those washbasins you put in the sink,then dig a washbasin-sized hole,place the basin in the hole,shove some rocks and soil in the bottom,and there you go =] Perfect mini-pond for the mini garden.
Wonder if Mr and Mrs Toad are planning a family themselves :D

zebrastripes said:
Wonder if Mr and Mrs Toad are planning a family themselves :D

Awwwwwww....... they are ugly but that is a kinda cute thought!!

I dont think OH would do em a pond he'd only moan lol but im sure they are happy under the bin for now until they move onto pastures new :lol: They've been there every week for ages now :)

Oh my lord dont say that!! I could end up with millions of toads everywhere!! :lol:

Well if you end up having a toad dynasty in your garden, at least it will provide hours of amusement for any future toddlers :D When i was about 3 I went through a severe slug and squidgy creature obsession. I still get the urge to pick up the frogs in my garden :D

thay are not toads......... more like monsters :shock:

they are HUUUUGGGGGEEEE

How lovely!

We found loads of newts in our garden last week, it's a shame these things are becoming rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back