Refusing to sit

daftscotslass

Reaction score
I don't know what's happened but Becky will not sit now AT ALL. It's been getting worse now she's realised there's more to life than sitting and lying. She won't be folded at the waist, she's like a board. All she wants to do is stand. She will stand holding onto things, zoom about in her walker but she will not sit for love nor money. I went and bought a v shaped pillow to encourage her but she just rolls away or stretches out and goes flying.

Is there anything I can do to encourage her again? My daughter is a weirdo. :rotfl:

Finlay rarely sits either. Thinks it funny to straighten himself out. Not very helpful when we are at his swimming lessons and he has to sit on the side of the pool for one of the parts. He tries to stand :lol:

He will sit though. I sit with him and a pile of toys and he will happily sit for a bit and play till he falls over and rolls about the floor, aiming for the nearest thing he's not allowed :lol:

I spent the last week or so babyproofing. Today I had her sitting on the rug with the pillow and a pile of stacking cups in front of her. Fantastic, I thought. I legged it to the toilet with the living room door open and the bathroom door open, came back and she was licking the leg of the coffee table 2 metres from where she'd been "sitting". In less than a minute.

Hope she doesn't crawl properly. If she does I'm doomed.

Edit Oh and midna... she loves the walker. She especially likes to walk up to the TV and lick the static off it :roll:

Finlay eats the table leg too, plus your feet, shoes, bag, cables and anything else. He moves quick :lol:

daftscotslass said:
I spent the last week or so babyproofing. Today I had her sitting on the rug with the pillow and a pile of stacking cups in front of her. Fantastic, I thought. I legged it to the toilet with the living room door open and the bathroom door open, came back and she was licking the leg of the coffee table 2 metres from where she'd been "sitting". In less than a minute.

Hope she doesn't crawl properly. If she does I'm doomed.

Edit Oh and midna... she loves the walker. She especially likes to walk up to the TV and lick the static off it :roll:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Lil miss likes pulling the boxes out of the tv unit and standing on them to get higher... Her favourite pasttime is dropping the remote controls on the floor so the batteries fall out of them so she can chomp on them... and I think she has now managed to eat her body weight in cardboard and paper.. Not to mention almost everything has lil miss chomper marks on them. :rotfl:

Yes you are doomed when they crawl... but once they walk you're better off jumping off the balcony :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: You always think you've got it covered in terms of baby proofing but they are skilled little monsters with finding mischief...

Just remember the golden rule... very very quiet ALWAYS means very very naughty :rotfl:

Ryan's stopped sitting to :doh: He just kinda fall's back and get's frustrated and wants to get bac up again but when i sit him up he falls over within about a minute! And he STILL doesnt stand on his feet!!! Surely thats not normal!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back