Refusing Milk

Babylicious

Reaction score
So we've started weaning harrison as he was showing all the signs, thing is he is now taking less and less milk - he even cries at the bottle now which I'm presuming he';s crying for solids.

He's currently on 3 spoons of baby rice for breakfast, a yoghurt at lunch and half a jar of baby food - is he getting enough?

He's taking around 4 x 4/5 ounces of milk too

I don't know hun but what signs was he showing if you don't mind me asking? :think:

do you offer him the milk before his solids or with or after? Maybe try offering him the milk first, especially in the mornings and if he is hungry I would be surprised if he rejects it then. It could just be a little phase too.

lil miss has only just moved onto her 3 meals a day over the weekend... but shes near 6 months. She gets 2 spoons of cereal with milk in the morning, half a slice of toast and half a petite filiou and 3 ice cubes of a veg in the evening... But she is offered at least 3oz of milk in a cup with every meal plus she has 4 long breastfeeds in the morning, lunch time, teatime and bedtime. If she started refusing milk, I'd cut down her solids.

At this stage its important to give them milk not food... food doesn't contain all the nutrients required for a growing baby. I'd suggest either offering milk before every meal which he must take at least 4oz before he eats anything or to cut out at least one meal.

Weaning is a slow process... You only started him a couple of weeks ago and it might all be a bit too much for his tiny tummy...

I always offer the bottle first and the meal times are well away from milk times iykwim. He doesn't have that much solids tbh. Maybe I should cut him back to just tea for now to get his milk up?

Sorry Babylicious I have no advise to give but I just wanted to comment on how confusing this all seems!!! I'm not looking forward to weaning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back