Reduced Movements

charlie84

Reaction score
Right i know i felt her moving this morning. Since then i have been doing bits of housework so havent noticed her moving. Still been getting these tightenings but since i have sat down properly at about sixish i havent felt her move like usual.

I have been for a drive as that gets her going, but nothing.
I have just drank i pint of cold squash and i still cant feel anything that i could describe as movement.
All i can possibly feel is teeny tiny twitches. Still getting these tightenings tho.

My bump looks and feels as though she has changed position, cant feel her legs where they were last night.

Just gonna grab my notes to see who i should ring as i am concerned. Just hope i will not be wasting their time by getting there and she has started moving again

:hug: :hug: :hug:

She may well have decided to turn round and is moving in places you can't feel. I found this today at my scan. I could not feel LO moving at all but apparently was really active but all the movement was into my back where my placenta is, so could not feel a thing :roll:

Give them a call and get things checked out though. Thinking of you :hug:

Get checked out just to reassure yourself if anything.

I often have days where I think I haven't felt him move and often it's because i'm concentrating more on other things than him moving. Or often they just change position slightly and you don't feel the movements as strong.

:hug:

I am sure it will just be that she has changed position, but if you are concerned I would call, even if she does start moving as soon as you get there at least your mind will be at ease :hug:

Im sure all is fine hun but go get checked out. I had exactly the same yesterday and went to have a CTG and all was fine. He started kicking as soon as I got on the monitor!! :lol: they are little monkeys!

I only really feel mine moving about in the evening now. I think James got a lot quiter near the end of pregnancy too.
Definately give your midwife a call if you're worried though, it's not worth the risk to not act :hug: :hug: :hug:

You are doing the right thing getting checked out honey, hope all is ok.

My baby has slowed down a bit too. I asked the midwife today about it and she thinks I should feel 10 movements a day. If I don't feel it, her advice is to eat and drink something sugary then have a lie down. If nothing happens then to ring straight away, day or night!

Maybe try some ice cream - usually gets my little man wriggling!

Right girls i have lay down for a bit and really concentrated on what i could feel. I have felt very slight movements and i think you could be right in that her limbs are in a different position and she is kicking to the back.
I just panicked as she is such an active baby and she usually sticks her foot out quite alot to remind me she is there :)
Gonna keep monitoring her movement to see what happens.

If you are still worried hun, ring the day assessment unit at the hospital, they are there till 9.00pm at worcester. I had to go in for monitoring as I had reduced movements, they were lovely and didnt make me feel like a time waster, or that I was over reacting.

I try not to worry but its not easy so I am totally with you and understand your concerns. If you feel you need to call someone then do so :hug:

I find rubbing my bump usually gets more of a reaction than drinking something cold. I get a flurry of activity if I give everywhere a good rubdown for 5 minutes. Even if its not kicks, its defo movement and baby wriggles. Or I rub and then rest my hands and arms lightly over my bump and can feel more of an area that way, therefore pick up more movements than if I just use a hand or watch and wait.

If she has changed position you may well not be feeling kicks but only the small wriggles. But you are feeling them.

FWIW my LO had a quiet day on Wednesday and Friday last week, then again last night was not overly active as usual but has made up for it today. Also I have come to the conclusion that my LO is a deep sleeper, especially at night and during the day. Hardly anything rouses LO then :roll: Evenings and the wee hours are when I get most action. And about 11am till lunchtime.

Charlie - hope all is well. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Have you felt any movement since your last post?

Trying to be positive... According to Dutch wisdom (as per daftscotslass's SIL on a threat on Sunday) you may be nearing the labour if your baby is not moving. Sorry daftscotslass to mention your post...

I agree with Babymagic :lol: Although you've already heard what I've go to say :lol:
But you better not be in labour now..My phone restriction hasn't been lifted yet :x So I advise you cross your legs :wink: I suppose if you really can't wait then text Scotti :D

Thanks for your replies girls.
I was concerned as she rarely has quiet times and when she does its never for as long as yesterday.

Sherlock - its funny you say how you say to rub your tummy for a reaction, because i sat and kinda tickled my stomach then lay there quietly thats how she moved in the end :)

Cheers Gem - I am so much more relaxed from your pm and post on this thread about going to worcester hosp. Thanks ever so much for that.

Well as for further movements, madam was back to her usual tricks at about 3am this morning, dancing around in there as if she has all the room in the world with a couple of rounds of hiccups for good measure.

If labour does ever start Poppy i will txt yours and scotts phone just to make sure you get the message :D

Oh I'm glad she's started bashing you again :cheer:

These babies are very good at scaring us, aren't they?! :hug:

glad babys ok :dance:
I got my doppler out last night for the first time in weeks as logan had been so quiet yesterday and your post got me thinking.
I checked and the heartbeat was fine, typically after I'd done that he decided to have a party in my tummy for half hour :lol:
I'm starting to find it hard to distinguish the babys movements from the BH's.

charlie84 said:
Thanks for your replies girls.
I was concerned as she rarely has quiet times and when she does its never for as long as yesterday.

Sherlock - its funny you say how you say to rub your tummy for a reaction, because i sat and kinda tickled my stomach then lay there quietly thats how she moved in the end :)

Glad to hear she is back to her normal tricks :) And good that a tummy tickle did the trick :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back